September 17, 2011
Someone from Dayton, OH writes:
I have 2 children.I have custody of one, and my mom the other!both by the same woman ,who walked out on us twice!the court ordered us both to pay 4 our daughter ,who lives with my mom.and of course no support 4 my son wich lives with me!!a year after we were ordered to pay 4 our daughter,my ex got pregnant by her new man and she went bck to court and told them she was pregnant and not working and cnt afford 2 pay.2 my supprise they dropped her child support and tripeled mine 4 our daughter who lives with my mother!!!my childrens mother has a drug problem and hasn't seen our son in 2 years despite living 2 miles away!when I helped my mom get custody of my daughter(I did it because my mom lived in my daughters school dis and when me and my ex sepperated I ws moving out of school dis and my momlives in it,it ws goin 2 be temporary and my mom nd daughter are verry close and it worked out great 4 all except support)when I gve my mom custody she told the courts she didn't wnt child support because I already contibuted 2 my dughters support nd she was doin this 2 help my family and I'm a single dad and can't afford it!the court said since my daughter gets welfare health care, they were ordering me and my ex 2 pay 50 a month 2 cover health care.I ws fine with that.I luv my kids,I'm a single dad 4 heavens sake!!but when ex went bck to court because of new pregnancy nd got her supprt abolished and they rised mine to 175 a month to make up for her short commings ,it broke my spirit!I felt defeated!that's when my son was 18 months,he's now 7 and I've ben raising him with no welfare and paying child supprt 4 my daughter who lives with my mom!now they raised it again 2 the tune of 140 a week!! I filed for a hearing with child support (that was Mistake,I shouldve went to court instead of a hearing at child support office)when I told them I only make 340 a week and I won't Be able 2 to py my bills,(wich are the basics :rent,phone,food,eletric,gas,water,no cable because I cnt afford it!I was thiking of lettin go of cr insurance to save some money but decided it was a Bad idea.they then told me they don't figure in bills because everyone would say they paid 1,000month rent and $ 500 month water bills.I told them that was the stupidest thing I ever herd come out of one of there representatives mouthes,that they coulde require proof like eveything else!I wouldn't have put it tht way, but that guy had ben talking to me like a child and insulting my inteligence for around 45 minutes at that point!every time I asked a question about deductions 4 my case, he would say there isn't many.I then said since therwe isn't many it wouldn't tahe long 2 run them down 2 me.he then said I was a Smart*****and His hearing was over, and I said I thought it ws my hearing.I also told him I don't see how they can deviate From the original custody agreement of 50 a month anyway!I wouldn't of agreed to custody if I knew this nightmare would unfold, my daughter would just have 2 live
September 17, 2011
Someone from La Porte, TX signed.
September 17, 2011
Someone from Fort Myers, FL writes:
I was happy to pay my ex-wife child support for our 2 children, until the Friend of the Court in Michigan. Raised my child support from $150 a week to $500 dollars a week. My current wife was pregnant and we had four other children living in our home when this happened. I lost my home, then my job, medical insurance on all the kids, and now we are all homeless because of these ridiculous out of control child support laws...This is terrorism against the American people. I'm a veteran and this is a disgrace to our nation.
September 19, 2011
Someone from Kittanning, PA signed.
5 years ago
Someone from Loveland, OH signed.
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Someone from Essex, MD writes:
I am a wife to a wonderful man who has 2 kids with his psychotic ex. He pays so much is child support we are always broke. I pay all our bills myself and get no help because he works to pay her. There is barely nothing left over after. I just found out I'm pregnant with my first child and unfortunately I'm thinking about terminating since our financial situation is so bad. It's not fair that we don't get a real or full life just because he had kids with the wrong person.
5 years ago
Someone from Cumming, GA signed.
Someone from Corpus Christi, TX writes:
My son's mother sits at home all day long waiting for checks from my child support, my son's "disability" and food stamps. My son is 5 years old and goes to school until 3 pm. there is no reason whatsoever that she can't get a job to help contribute to supporting our son. She cashes in checks every month for free while I have to bust my rear with two jobs just to make my bills. It's not fair at all. Something needs to change to make the laws fair to us fathers who aren't deadbeats.
Someone from Catonsville, MD writes:
I've been with my husband 3 years and married for 1 he had a child who just turned 3 from a previous fling who didn't want a family but wanted a baby to keep him. She realized they were never going to be together and to spite him she filed for custody which she didn't get instead they received joint and literally its 50/50. Her mother doesn't care for their daughter but because the laws are more in favor of the mother regardless of what they say you don't have to do anything to prove a man is unfit but you have to jump through hoops to prove a woman is. Unless the child is getting beat to death everything else is ok for the mother to do. I've been taking care of her responsibilities which I don't complain about but my family and her daughter has to struggle. After we got married she filed for child support 2 years later which kept getting post poned. My husband makes enough money to support his daughter and our son and myself I was working but we have another child on the way and complications prevent me from being able to work. We have our own home and bills to take care of, his childs mother has none she lives with her mother, sister, and brother. He was ordered to pay 460 and then 200 and then 316 with back support. Because he makes more then her he's punished. He has to give her the benefit of the doubt that she's going to use the money for the child but yet the courts don't give him the benefit of the doubt that he already does. Child support isn't equal to neither the one paying or the child. And its based on hearsay because the one asking doesn't have to prove anything. If my husband has to get another job in order to not lose our home all of his children including myself will barely ever see him. You can't tell me that's good for a child's upbringing.
September 28, 2011
Someone from Quakertown, PA writes:
Please help this situation!!!! I have been tortured by this for a long time. I've been a responsible father since I was 16 years old. I've worked hard my whole life to provide for my son and myself. However, my ex-girlfriend refuses to do anything with her life. The harder I work, the more she gets. My son is 14. I have to pay $675 a month for child support since she doesn't work. She has 4 kids with 3 different fathers. Each of them pay for support. She gets food stamps and the government pays for her electricity. She moved an hour a way from our home-town and I have to drive almost 2 hours to pick my son up on the weekends. The courts will not let me have full custody since I live out of his school district and I can't prove that she is a coccaine addict. How is this fair?
September 29, 2011
Someone from Grand Rapids, MI writes:
My fiance and baby will be homeless tomorrow due to child support laws in Michigan. I have 50/50 custody. Fix them.
October 1, 2011
Someone from Emporium, PA signed.
October 2, 2011
Someone from Lytle, TX signed.
October 2, 2011
Someone from Lytle, TX signed.
October 3, 2011
Someone from Newton, NC signed.
October 5, 2011
Someone from Fort Lauderdale, FL signed.
October 6, 2011
Someone from Saugerties, NY signed.
October 10, 2011
Someone from Campbellsville, KY writes:
The child support laws are ********.
October 11, 2011
Someone from Nebraska City, NE signed.
October 14, 2011
Someone from Braintree, MA writes:
I get 56.00 a week from unemployment and they take 28.00 of that to give to the ex and I can't find a job but the judge is still makeing me pay 150.00 a week brockton courts are not fair to men I seen to many cases like mine and my judge is brand new at the bench
October 15, 2011
Someone from Hannibal, NY writes:
50/50 parenting time should not cost me anything at all. my daughter will never go without>
October 17, 2011
Someone from Upper Marlboro, MD writes:
The child support system is too one-sided and it is adversarial to the noncustodial parent, while advocating for the custodial parent on behalf of the child. It fails to objectively consider BOTH parents needs to sustain themselves before calculating a child support order for the noncustodial parent to pay. The courts are quick to enter a high child support order against the NCP without regard for the NCPs obligation to support him/herself or family in thier household. The maximum withholding of 50-65% of a noncustodial parents disposable wages is inhumane, when the average working person without the child support order can barely sustain themselves on their salary-- but to not hold the custodial parent responsible for generating their own income to provide for the child is unfair. The whole process places the noncustodial parent into a mode of involuntary servitude, when you look at the plethora of punitive enforcement measures the NCP is subject to compared to the little parental rights he/she is entitled to. If an NCP is subject to incarceration and work-release programs to pay Child Support, then the CP should be ordered to work--or at least must show proof of child related expenses to justify the need for the amount of Child Support ordered.
October 17, 2011
Someone from Rockford, IL writes:
I am the spouse of a man who pays far too much in child support and the ex-***** doesn't even work. I'm the bread winner of the family - make people who sit on their*****all day who live on child support or abuse the support money pay for it!!!
October 18, 2011
Someone from Flower Mound, TX signed.
October 18, 2011
Someone from Anderson, IN signed.
October 18, 2011
Someone from Logansport, IN writes:
My husband pays way too much money each week to his ex, who has 3 other kids by 3 other guys, is on welfare, and california does not calculate an income for her due to her immigration status. We have a daughter together now, and there are times his ex recieves more money than comes home to us.....
October 18, 2011
Someone from Cookeville, TN signed.
Someone from Clarksville, TN writes:
I know many states require drug testing for food stamps now, what about for child support? It's not fair that some women use their checks for drugs and in that case most the time the child isn't even in their care. My biggest argument about child support in this country is that it goes based off income. That is insane!!! If I have two children, and one's dad is an executive and one's is a fry cook, does it really cost more to raise the one child than the other in the same home? And I've heard it said a million times, well the wife is used to her lifestyle, so are the men who lose their lives to child support!
5 years ago
Someone from Lima, OH signed.
Someone from Brick, NJ writes:
My boyfriend pays his ex-girlfriend $850 a month for their child. She now wants to take him back to court for more money, meanwhile she has 2 other kids by someone else and has a college degree. His child support is more than our rent, this is ridiculous. There needs to be a change in these laws that the mother is held just as responsible as the father. If he didn't pay, he'd go to jail. She doesn't pay and she is sitting at home happy.
Someone from Sellersville, PA writes:
5 years ago
Someone from Gastonia, NC signed.
Someone from Coram, NY writes:
The court system paints a broad brush on any Father that enters the child support system
Someone from Panama City, FL writes:
Female or Male, noone should be sitting at home living off f child support! Both the Father and Mother should be contributing to the child upport.
Someone from Burlington, MA writes:
I pay almost $1,500.00 a month in child support. I pay the entire health insuruance cost, in addition to many other expenses. One of my kids is over 18, out of school and working. My ex-wife does not work, nor does she have to work. The MA court system has given her a complete pass. Unfortunately, MA is so liberal, dads are nothing except ATM machines with zero-to-very little legal rights. MA is extremely unfair and paints a braod, disorted brush when it comes to child support laws. These laws absolutley need to be revised.
Someone from Chattanooga, TN writes:
My husband and I have his daughter 5 days a week along with our 2 year old twins. The ex-wife collects the child support that we pay every month and on time while she has her parents pay for her car,phone, and living expenses, along with her live in boyfriend that works and pays bills also. She does nothing but sit at home while she collects Food Stamps and the child support. We can barley pay our own expenses and take care of everyone because of these UNFAIR LAWS!! Something needs to be done!! Maybe the MOTHER that claims to have NO support with her child needs to be investigated!! The system need to stop labeling ALL fathers as dead beat dads and look at the bigger picture!! I guess they are to worried about losing money on their own paychecks!!
Someone from San Antonio, TX writes:
Child support laws here in TX are so unfair... I don't even know where to begin... We are the parents of 2 disabled children ages 4 and 6. We, ourselves are relatively young. My husband works very hard, he puts in 40 hrs.a week and has little to show for it due to the amount of child support he is ordered to pay, plus medical support. He slaves away in the heat, the cold, raining or dry and yet isn't able to buy our children clothes or school supplies or even just a little car or toy to reward our children for good behavior or grades. We are in such a strain because of his child support payment ordered for a child who they will not allow us to undergo DNA testing to prove she is biologically his. * he was 14 when the girl conceived and didn't know about the pregnancy until she was into her 2nd trimester. He has been denied in even seeing her. We has requested that his CS case be reviewed numerous times and have been denied every time. We understand that he has certain obligations to this child, but do our children have to go without? We have been blessed to meet many people and organizations who have at times donate gift cards and food around the holidays because of our financial situation. We are extremely grateful for the amount of support we receive from family and friends but we shouldn't have to rely on anyone else when my husband has a good paying job.
Someone from Clearwater, FL signed.
October 28, 2011
Someone from Lawndale, CA signed.