August 8, 2011
Someone from Niceville, FL signed.
August 8, 2011
Someone from Defuniak Springs, FL signed.
Someone from Schenectady, NY signed.
August 8, 2011
Someone from Panama City, FL signed.
Someone from Milton, FL signed.
August 9, 2011
Someone from Mary Esther, FL signed.
August 9, 2011
Someone from Mary Esther, FL signed.
August 9, 2011
Someone from Mary Esther, FL signed.
August 9, 2011
Someone from Mary Esther, FL signed.
August 10, 2011
Someone from Hesperia, CA signed.
August 11, 2011
Someone from Honolulu, HI signed.
August 15, 2011
Someone from Lisle, IL writes:
I very strongly agree, they should work. I dont understand where anyone comes off trying to live on their child's child support.
5 years ago
Someone from Bradenton, FL writes:
Each parent should be responsible for suupport, meaning neither party should pay the other
5 years ago
Someone from Brooklyn, NY writes:
I was fired from my job by both corrupt Brooklyn Family Court hearing officer John Fasone and mother's Lawyer Yonatan Levoritz, and after that they tried po put me in jail for inability to pay ordered amount of child support which was ordered intentionaly more than I was making, while I was employed. When I was fired and aplied for unemployment they started persecution for criminal non support. This is done to almoust every man in Brooklyn!
5 years ago
Someone from Ranchos De Taos, NM signed.
5 years ago
Someone from Andover, NJ signed.
5 years ago
Someone from Raeford, NC writes:
i pay 1200 a month to ny and 700 a month to NC and i dont even make that much money i dont see why if i dont get to see my children why i have to pay and if i am able to see my children since it is joint custody with both of them then why should we have to pay the other, the laws for child support are geared towards women and that is a fact, my ex wife was admitted to a psych ward for over a month and she still gets custody of my son, tell me how that is fair?? and the woman has all the say and decision, we were already separated and going through a divorce when she found out she was pregnant and we both knew we would be across the country from one another, i dont get to see him yet i still have to pay all that money, i think that congress needs to write a bill where if one parent does not want the child and the other does then one parent should be able to waive their rights completely, a man has no decision, NONE!!! and the woman gets a free ride in the majority of cases. tell me how that is fair>
5 years ago
Someone from Goshen, OH writes:
What about the women who purposely enroll the child in expensive day care prior to the child support hearing and then after the $$ is set, they have a family member watch the child? My b/f is paying an additional $400 month for daycare on top of the monthly amount of $500 (so, $900/month for ONE child). He brings home BARELY $900/month (because of having to pay $140/bi-weekly for the health insurance + the child support). He has lost his home and filed bankruptcy, but continues to go to work everyday, although he doesn't bring home enough money to survive. Congress needs to figure this out....so many people are losing their homes and jobs in this terrible economy and raping a man with an ungodly monthly child support amount only contributes to the problem. Children should be supported and be able to be a kid, but how fair is it that they can only enjoy a home, vacations and extras at their mother's, but the father can't provide any of that because of paying so much child support. Very UNFAIR!!!! Wake Up America!!!!
August 23, 2011
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
Child support is a form of slavery
August 24, 2011
Someone from Baltimore, MD writes:
Hundreds and hundreds of dollars a month to raise a child is absolutely ridiculous. Kids need food, shelter and clothing. That doesn't mean they need steak, a mansion, or the latest fashions. The current child support laws create indentured servants, which is a violation of the 13th Amendment of the Constitution.
August 24, 2011
Someone from Selma, AL writes:
Yea the non-custodial parent has a liscence to steal and DHR is a joke. You have too take her or him to court and if your paying child support how can you afford an attorney the system is one sided and its not on the childs side its the custodial parents side!
August 24, 2011
Someone from Desoto, TX writes:
The system in Texas is awefull. I pay support for 2 children still in high school and a 22 yr old that they say I owe back support for. Here's the kicker, I had custody of my 22 yr old when her turned 16 and still had to pay. Texas half heartedly pursued the mother for child support and was successfull after 2 years (they ALAWAYS found me and where I worked within weeks). The other 2 children spend more time with me than they do the mothers. I feed them, clothes them, make sure they have lunch money, school uniforms, etc. CHild support has gotten out of hand. The state treats the child like property adding late fees and interest. CRAZY!!!!
August 26, 2011
Someone from Tampa, FL signed.
August 26, 2011
Someone from Fuquay Varina, NC signed.
August 30, 2011
Someone from Lubbock, TX writes:
Iam being Force to pay for an child thats not mines and they dont care just as they are getting payed is the hole thing suppose to help the child how is it helping the child when iam not his father and he knows his real father so why am i be forced to pay for him i have three children i pay child support for with no problems but this child in question doesnt know me and i dont know him we couldnt pick each other out an line up so tell me what would happen if he gets sick and needs an liver or kidney he cant use mines cause we wont match and thats wrong just to get paid
August 31, 2011
Someone from Tuscaloosa, AL writes:
The child support laws are bais and unfair against the fathers. Fathers have virtually no rights in family courts. The laws should be changed to reflect the parent with the more stable income to be the custodial parent. Its about the best interest of the child, but this is not how the law is designed. The parent with the lesser income is awarded more income from the parent with the greater income therefore forcing the other parent into proverty. America needs and will change its laws regarding child support. Its too many dads out here suffering at the hand of the family courts while states make millions of unaudited child support dollars. IT HAS TO STOP!!!
August 31, 2011
Someone from Arlington, VA writes:
There are so many services to assist women that are not being paid correctly by "dead-beat" dads, why are there no services to assit dads with MALICIOUS mothers.
September 4, 2011
Someone from Chicago, IL signed.
September 4, 2011
Someone from Beverly Hills, CA signed.
September 6, 2011
Someone from Streator, IL writes:
Support is so high ,I can't live.I want to do what's right for my children but still keep a roof over my head.They take nice vacations and I struggle for food.They live in a very comfortable home and I live in a shack.My ex. will retire in comfort and I will never retire.It is just unfair to work this hard to be her slave.I'm thinking of leaving the country
September 7, 2011
Someone from Clearwater, FL writes:
I'm sick of watching women pump out children so they can make a paycheck. They use government assistance like a crutch that makes them lame forever, and what's worse they have the ability to claim child support as income. So come tax time the money they receive as child support can be counted for a bigger refund even though they aren't the one's paying taxes, the fathers are. So how are they getting away with the government paying all their expenses, fathers paying child support, and now they can get a tax return without paying a single cent in?
September 7, 2011
Someone from Honolulu, HI signed.
September 8, 2011
Someone from Erie, PA writes:
I am not opposed to paying child support, or taking care of my children. I love my children very much and have 50% custody in all aspects. What I disagree with is the unorganized, blanket approach to making parents pay support. We pay taxes to put these people that run this system into office so they can make an impartial, fair judgement based on what is best for the children. What ends up happening is a complete stranger that doesn't know me, has never even seen my children, telling me what is best for them...how I should live, and how much I have to pay their mother. There is no common sense in PA State support laws. It is a completely counter productive system. What incentives do fathers have to better themselves, make any more money, get a better job...we never get to see the results of that pursuit. Meanwhile a mother can unjustly collect obscene amounts of my income, thus diminishing any reason to ever better her own position, go to college, get a better job, become self sufficient. I wouldn't want to take my children away from their mother, but if she cannot reasonably support herself without my money, what right does she have taking care of 2 children. The money taken away from my income has a direct negetive effect on my life as well as my childrens. I was forced to stop contributing to a savings account I had opened for them. I could no longer contribute to my retirement plan, I had to withdraw my children from extra carricular activities I could no longer afford, we cannot afford to travel to visit all of my side of the family that lives much farther away than their mothers family. I don't want to see anybody out on the street, and I was happy to help out when I could, but this is a gross perversion of the system that needs to be changed before it destroys more families. Our American economy is driven by inequality, we're a capitalist country. It's what motivates us to go out and succeed. And that necessity is being taken away from mothers and spoon fed them by a direct deposit account. Times are changing, this is supposed to be an equal rights, equal opportunity nation. She made the decision to walk out of my home on her own...I shouldn't have to pay her bills ever again. My children are great, they are happy, they want for nothing. I have my own bills to contend with...why should I have to make 2 car payments, 2 mortgage payments, etc....it's time women be held accountable to show some sense of responsibility.
September 8, 2011
Someone from El Cajon, CA signed.
September 11, 2011
Someone from Richardson, TX signed.
September 13, 2011
Someone from Reseda, CA signed.
September 15, 2011
Someone from Asheville, NC writes:
I was paying $800 a month for one child while making $35k. Mother lived in a nice 2 story while I lived in a basement. Lost my job. A lawyer accused me of losing the job, I worked 12yrs to get, on purpose. He said I did it so I wouldnt have to pay as much in CS. The job was all I knew. Finding another like it is hard. Now Im averaging $990 (before taxes) a month till a good job comes open. The court has ordered me to pay $400 a month. You do the math. I married the woman of my dreams not long ago. It saddens me to say that I will never be able to take her on a trip or buy her anything nice because all my money is going to the women of my nightmares. This lady is a nurse and is well off. This should even out the pay a bit but it doesn't. I will never be able to enjoy dreams of prosperity with my wife. You guys who make less and pay more or you have several children, I'm sorry. I set infront of this computer a pride-less broken soul. There is no light at the end. Unfortunately for you and I, we are the only ones reading this. The ones on capitol hill do not care. This issue doesn't make or lose them money so it has no real barring in their decision making. Things will not change anytime soon... Prayer at this point is all I have. Good luck
September 15, 2011
Someone from Chesapeake, VA signed.
September 15, 2011
Someone from Jacksonville, FL signed.
5 years ago
Someone from Sioux Falls, SD writes:
As a single father of two children, I have recently moved a 100 miles away to start a new life and with my job now after childsupport was adjusted. I will not have enough to make a living for myself let alone when I do see my kids. I did not marry the system I married my ex wife that didn't work out, but there does need to be where our income is based after paying rent, car, etc... just so it is fair. Even my ex is seeing this and hopefully will drop child support and we can work something out without the judge to decided for us. But also she knows that its a burden that she can use to control also. Other wise if a guy can't make a living being single, jail is an option and still costs money to be in jail.