July 13, 2011
Someone from Moline, IL signed.
5 years ago
Someone from Roanoke, VA writes:
Judge Long of Montgomery County Courts gave me a 1 year sentence after i explained that i could pay my child support with my new part time job, and knowing that i was the sole provider for my 2 year old son and my wife to be.
5 years ago
Someone from Pensacola, FL writes:
Understand Child Support is one thing but when my wife and family have to move in with my parents to survive that is wrong. The mother was married 5 times and not even to me. I thought Family Law was supposed to look out for the best iterest of the Child well I do not beleive 3 marriges since my son's birth is healthy for my son yet I have no money left to fight for my own son.
5 years ago
Someone from Pensacola, FL writes:
I would love someone from Congress to review my situation. The courts are very unjust and because of Child Support Laws I will probably lose my Security Clearance due to Debt to Income Ratio. I have over 40 pages of well documented injustices but no money left after five years to fight for my son. I believied family law looked at the best interest of the Child. I find int very difficult to believe in a Justice system when my son's mother has been married 5 times 3 of those since my son was conceived.My son old now has seen men come and go yet the mother will not let me into his life, not to mention numerous relationships that she has had. That is not looking out for the best interest of my son. This is not a healthy environment. When the Justice system fails it appears there is no recourse without a lot of money. My story is truly unjust but the lack of accountability for courts is not fair either I would love all my documentation to be viewed by Congress and Stop wasing tax dollars on baseball players whom did or did not use steroids I am talking about Justice for my son and I that is something Congress should look at.
5 years ago
Someone from Urbandale, IA writes:
I'm currently unemployed looking for a job. My take home for unemployment after child support is 1000 per month. The custodial parent (mother) take home after receiving child support and paying for 600 a month day care is 2500 per month. This isn't including the tax deduction she will take at the end of the year. This isn't including the earned income she will receive. My total bills per month not including child support are 1551 for living expenses and debt. So I'm living on a negative income after all my bills. Who really needs the money here. 20 percent of my income goes to taxes, 40 percent of my take home goes to child support. How is a guy suppose to make ends meet. If I don't have a job by the time unemployment runs out the only thing I can look forward to is more debt. Losing my license, and going to jail. I have never broken the law in my life. I have a four year college degree which racked up close to 37000 dollars of debt. I have done everything in my life to try to be successful and yet the tables have turned. My previous jobs I never missed a day of work, not even when I was sick. I gave my 200 percent just to be told by the boss I have hundreds of people waiting to take your position. Companies are really taking advantage of this job market. Tons of people looking for work, companies restructuring to get rid of people and turn people over to hire new people for far less pay.
July 22, 2011
Someone from Selma, AL writes:
Alabama has some of the worst laws as it relates to child support. Women, not all, who receive child support have found an advocate in the DHR (department of human resources). DHR is the most unprofessional agencies in the state. The staff are generally disgruntle females, who have be scorn by a man, looking for vicarious retribution. They sit around and brag on the ways they have extorted money from men under the principle, "best interest of the child." This is the worst use of a phrase I've ever heard. DHR has failed to do anything other than legally extort fathers of their hard earned money. Woman are allowed to seek increase ever three months if thought of an increase in the father's pay. She (mother) is free to sell the child SELL the SSI to the highest bidder during income tax season, without offering the father a chance to claim his own child. There shoudl be a cap on the amount of money a woman can recceive per child. At max 400 a month is more than enough for one child to be assist by. Thats a good cap.
July 24, 2011
Someone from Rochester, MN writes:
Court systems and dhs work hand and hand and are very unjustly taking our rights to raise our own children. I barely make enough to support myself and because of the arrears and the interest that keeps accumulating plus paying child support I will never get ahead of this. And even though I get my daughter more my support payments do not go down? These are not state arrears, the dhs never paid these arrears to out so how can they charge interest on fictitious money.
July 24, 2011
Someone from Huntington Beach, CA signed.
Someone from Flora, IL signed.
Someone from Des Moines, IA writes:
July 25, 2011
Someone from Huron, SD writes:
peace on earth goodwill to men
July 26, 2011
Someone from Tampa, FL signed.
July 26, 2011
Someone from Cuba City, WI writes:
i pay my support, i love my children, i am a good father. i believe that ANY parent shopuld have to support thier children. BUT, there needs to be fair enforcement. i am not left enough to afford my own apartment on my own, i have to choose between food, or a home. i cant offer my children anything extra because everything i have goes to their mothers. My fiance suffers with us not being able to get ahead because of the amount of support i pay + cost of insurance for the kids that the state enforces me to have even though they are also on state insurance. me and my fiance both work full time an have no extra bill outside of necessities, and we still barely get by, i bring home 41% of my check. i make $11.19 /hr, my ex wife gets $370 a month, i pay my sons mother $220 a month, total of $590, pluss i am forced the insurance (which i wasnt going to get because i couldnt afford it) $212 / month. after taxes, support & insurance, i am lucky to bring home $700 a month. somhow i am supposed to provide a home fit or a family of 4, food, clothes, toys, school supply's, anything extra they need, gas in my vehicle, etc etc etc, on this. someone tell me how please? my ex's get my income, their own income and help from the state to cover daycare, food, income based housing, help with utilities and other state aid. i cant get any help because my gross income is to much. i hope this pettion can make a difference and help to get fair rights and laws inplace, a revision of the child support system. i'll stick to supporting your children is good, father or mother, but a person should beable tyo live and get somewhere in life while doing it.
July 26, 2011
Someone from Cuba City, WI writes:
July 27, 2011
Someone from Huntsville, AL writes:
This is a much need fix. I been supporting my daugters since their youth. This system is broke and very unfair. I do not see how a woman get to work a job, claim the children during tax time plus the child support I provide & the medical and dental bills besides the regular support payments. I think the caree of the child should be just and balanced. No mother should be at home collecting child support like is a work check. You cannot get water from a rock & a homeless man cannot give you what he does not have. Let's fixed the system.
July 27, 2011
Someone from Schertz, TX signed.
July 29, 2011
Someone from South Bend, IN signed.
July 30, 2011
Someone from Beaverton, OR signed.
July 31, 2011
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
August 1, 2011
Someone from Asheboro, NC writes:
My boyfriend pays his daughters mom 80 dollars a week and he keeps her all the time he keeps her over half the year right now he has her for 70 days streight without her mom seeing her she has been reciving the child support the whole time
August 1, 2011
Someone from Middle Village, NY writes:
i only make so much a week and pay rent and pay my bills and going threw a divorce and my ex agreed to 35 a wk now he wants more which will put me in the street i dont think that is far. and yet he cheated on me has a child lives with his fiance n she is a teacher and he has sec 8 kids ssi payments 1500 month he works 200 a wk and her income is like 1600 a month there rent is only 600-800 a month that is not far too me while they go out buy new cars live off the system while im in the street
August 2, 2011
Someone from Boca Raton, FL signed.
Someone from New Orleans, LA signed.
August 3, 2011
Someone from Woodford, VA signed.
Someone from Woodford, VA signed.
August 3, 2011
Someone from Woodford, VA writes:
i wish they would fix the system !!!
August 4, 2011
Someone from Manitowoc, WI writes:
Please discourage the Mother's from destroying our families instead of encouraging them to work 6 days a month and live off of our CHILDREN'S support MONEY....PLEASE help the FATHER who just wants to be able to participate in the purchasing of items; instead of always having to tell their children "I cannot afford to buy you new shoes but your Mother should be able to" and the reply is hurtful and soul crushing when they say "You NEVER buy me ANYTHING" because I cannot afford to even live. We are raising a Nation of Children who are not only loosing their jobs, but are losing their family MORALS This is the generation that will be taking care of the country when you are in your elder years. I know we are not a major corporation and cannot afford to line your pockets, but maybe some of us could become that conglomeration if we just had the means to start. Thank You for your time.... K.Yelmene
August 4, 2011
Someone from Lees Summit, MO writes:
Who is here for us, the good fathers that deserve 50% custody? What about the good fathers that want to give our children the same quality of life they have at moms house! Why do i have to pay so that i may be separated from the the thing i love most? And as a result not be able to afford even a modest lifestyle? Nothing about child support in my case looks out for the best interest of my daughter on both sides at all. It's a machine that is not concerned with the fathers rights or the best interest of the children at all!!
August 4, 2011
Someone from Lorain, OH writes:
My boyfriend and I live in ohio where the child support laws are some of the most unfair in the united states. He has shared parenting of his children and pays a reduced amount of child support. Why is it he has to pay any at all. His children are with us just as much as their mother's. He should have to pay nothing. Not to mention he provides medical dental vision and life insurance. There has to be something done about the child support laws in Ohio. Just because he makes more money then their mothers and applies himself at work to earn promotions and raises, all the while they work part time at Walmart and gas stations and reap the benefits of his hard work. It's completely unfair. Also, in Ohio the mother has the right to file for a review every three years. So the father has to pay more money if he has had any raises at work. The mothers should not be able to benefit from the fathers hard work. Child support should stay the same from the time of the first court order until the child is 18 years old, in a shared parenting case. There has to be something that can be done for the good fathers out there!
August 5, 2011
Someone from Cleveland, OH writes:
I am signing this for all of the dads that are trying but can't get anywhere because of these greedy witches that just have kids for the money.....it's ********....girls get your asses off the couch....go to work....and stop using the kids just to get money....especially if you don't let the fathers see or have anything to do with the kids......
August 5, 2011
Someone from Cleveland, OH writes:
i have been caught up in the support system for roughly 6 years now. making a long story short she was my neighbor she was married i was only 17 after i turned 18 she got pregnant i was not named the father of my son because she was married. the second child was discovered when she was in the middle of getting ready to file for divorce. i left her for many reasons including that i suspected she was cheating on me. i got back together with her some years later. it was the first time i had even seen my second son. we had to move in w/ a relative of hers i was told sign papers of paternity or the children wouldnt get much needed medical insurance ( this is signing under duress i wasnt aware of this at the time ) there was a 16 year old there at her relatives home that she started screwing around with. i left again this time for good. the papers being signed i lost my right to a paternity test after some things started coming up that made it possible that at least one of the children may not even be mine. i was told i had to pay out of pocket for testing to be done. i cant afford it. i did disappear for about 10 years in the course of all of this causing my support to stack up against me. i have in more recent years paid as much as i can. the system has taken my license 3 times in the course of the last few years. i lost a job because i lost my driving privilages and then was told i had to pay more. in october last year i went to court im behind on support over $20,000. my payment is over $400 month. i dont see the kids ive been told to stay away from them by the mother because i have been looking at ways to better my life. she claims that having no time for them or seperating myself from them shows i dont care so i might as well just stay away. the fact is that i truly do want to pay my support and i would love to have a relationship w/ my children that has been stripped from me since i decided to seperate myself from the situation because i didnt know what to do who to talk to about this and what steps to take. i was wrong for dodging my responsibility in the beginning but have made plenty of efforts to correct all of this and simply been kicked in the teeth and threatened w/ incarceration loss of privilages no tax returns they make it impossible to live. i had 3 jobs at one point and can still not get out of my parents storage closet in a mobile home. she has a paid for home undisclosed job hours duties and pay a better car the children AND the rights to set guidelines about when and how if at all i can see my kids. she says something all together different in court painting me as the bad guy and demading more money. i am sick of being the underdog when i already have less. this crap needs to change. im about to give up and let them lock me up. theres no jobs in this state i was recently laid off and i cannot make my court ordered payments and as of next week im probably going to lose my license again as the 1st step towards locking me up by state
August 5, 2011
Someone from Miami, FL writes:
Very true. These women need to get off their butts and WORK, like the rest of us. Trying to hold on to someone that dosn't want you by making them pay child support is sad and unfair to the children. Not to mention the financial strain this puts on our legal system, our economic deficit is big enough without gold-digging lazy stay at home women clogging up the courts with their simple minded child support claims. Something MUST be done!!!
August 6, 2011
Someone from Marrero, LA signed.
August 7, 2011
Someone from Rome, GA signed.
August 8, 2011
Someone from Columbia, MO writes:
Child support enforcement has failed to enforce a child support order, to the tune of more than $30,000 right now, for my son. His father has been in and out of jail and prison, is on parole, has been let off house arrest (for not making a payment) without making a payment. He spends his weekends in bars, and smokes K2 because it's legal, but cannot manage $192 per month for our son. He always tells me he can't afford it, but I was at the bar one night and watched him spend more than that on drinks for his friends, in one night! He feels overwhelmed now that the amount is over $30,000, he thinks he will never be able to pay it. He makes more money than I do, and he is a high school dropout with a criminal record. I am a college graduate (Bachelor's) with no criminal record whatsoever! Our son is suffering socially and otherwise, because his father won't pay child support. Every penny we make goes towards bills and feeding the kids. I am remarried, we are raising his 2 (with no child support from mom), one that is hers, not his, and with no child support for that one either. (State fails to enforce.) If he gives up the child that is hers, we will have to pay support on that child too, because he adopted the child. Yes, the state of MO allowed him to adopt the child (actually, pushed him to adopt the child) and stated on paperwork that he could support the child. This is while the family was on FOOD STAMPS. So obvious he was capable of supporting the child, right, when they had to be on food stamps?? This world is a messed up place, and the US justice system is wrong. There has to be a way to make a person on parole pay their child support. And there has to be a way to verify capability of supporting a child before encouraging a teenager to adopt a child. He thought he had to sign the papers because he was married to the woman. He didn't realize she was a liar and a cheat, and didn't know he wasn't even supposed to be ALLOWED to adopt the child because he couldn't financially support the child. How can they let things like this go on??
Someone from Madison Heights, MI writes:
I paid my child support faithfully until a few years back. I had moved to TN to help out my family. I got a job making $5.15 an hour this is in 2005 by the way. My child support was up for cola. I was giving a motion to modify to try and have the support reduced. But the state of MN where my ex resides told me I had to pay $300 in court costs. I tried to explain to them after my support comes out of my check that leaves me about $30. If I could afford $300 I could just pay the child support. My son will be 10 this year I havent seen him since he turned 2. I just recieved a letter stating they are going to granish my wages agian this time almost $900 a month. I currently make $9.00 an hour how am I supposed to live on on less than $100 a week and pay my rent, car payment, food, insurance. I think this system is so flawwed it isn't even funny. They dont care if you ever see your child. But they damn sure want their money. I hope something gets done about this sooner than later cause I really dont want to be homeless.
August 8, 2011
Someone from Navarre, FL writes:
The fact that there are women out there who feel that they are entitled to sit on their butts and do nothing and just have money handed to them by the fathers of their children disgusts me. When I divorced my ex-husband I became a single mother of a toddler and I worked a full-time job and went to school full-time to obtain certification for promotion in my job to better support my son. My ex-husband was not helping much either since he was paying child support from a previous marriage and paying child support from an affair that caused our divorce but not once did I think that it was my ex's responsibility to support me. I felt and still feel today that it took both of us to bring our son into this world and it is equally both of our responsibility to equally support him. If I was able to do all this on my own their is no reason any other women out their can't. I think that current child support laws in the United States are very unfair and are in need of a lot of revisions. For example this idea that child support should be based on income. That is a stupid idea it only supports the current ideas of America that the rich are entitled to more than the poor. I think that child support should be equally divided between both parents based on the average cost and needs of a child's age. I also think that it is ridiculous that the courts can use a military members BAH and BAS against them. Free housing and free food is a perk of joining the military it is not a part of their regular income so why should it be considered as part of their income? When a military member lives on base they do not receive BAH and BAS because that is a benefit , the free housing. So when they live off base they are given BAH and BAS to pay their rent and groceries not to pay child support with it. The courts are interfering in something they do not fully understand and have no idea how it works and that is extremely unfair. This is just a small amount of the immense problems I have seen first hand within the child support system. Changes need to be made.
August 8, 2011
Someone from Navarre, FL writes:
I have two children with my ex-wife. They are 10 and 12 years old. My 10 year old lives with me and the 12 year old with her. The courts make me pay child support for my son that lives with her but because she told the court that she is a stay at home mom she is not responsible to pay any support to our son that lives with me. How exactly is that fair that one of our children is more entitled to support than the other simply because their mother who is able to work chooses not to.
August 8, 2011
Someone from Navarre, FL writes:
I am forced to pay child support on my kids despite the fact that I have custody. One judge felt that they needed time with their mom so he gave them to her after me having them for two years. She was never ordered to pay back support dispite being held in contempt and confirmed 17 months back child support. She has a degree but works part time in a gas station cause the state if giving her $1600 a month. They refuse any time I ask for a review and still to this day say I owe her back support. The system is broke and unfair to fathers everywhere. The DOR said "there is no way a military member, single dad could have custody of kids". They have her child support for my kids despite two false affidavits in open court. Time for a change!!
August 8, 2011
Someone from Fort Walton Beach, FL signed.