December 22, 2010
Someone from Oklahoma City, OK signed.
December 28, 2010
Someone from Philadelphia, PA signed.
Someone from Stuarts Draft, VA signed.
January 1, 2011
Someone from Marion, OH writes:
My kids live with their father, I have two teenagers. I work on minimum wage and my hours were cut to the point where how I was going to pay the child support (Which I want to pay it but can't because jobs where I live are minimum wage and only part time and you have competition with the whole town to get the job)... Their father work for a company that pays him 15/hr and says he only get 35 hours a week which I knew he was lying in court... I offered 100 dollars which I knew I couldn't afford but I did. I found out that the state of Ohio will take half your wages... Half my wages is 300 dollars a month... How in the heck is a person able to support themselves and their children on that? This is UNFAIR..
January 5, 2011
Someone from Yucaipa, CA writes:
This is my story. I have 2 children with a domineering ex. He is the operations manager for the child support division in San Bernardino County, CA and knows the ins, outs, and loopholes of the law. Because of this, he was able to turn around and claim additional back child support for the last 4 years. I now pay him $800 in current plus arrears. Any money I have is taken away and given to him including my tax returns and IRA. When I was unemployed for a year, I continued to make payments. When I received Unemployment benefits after 4 months of having no income, it was garnished as well. He is still attempting to get $21,000 in gack support from me. IF I do not pay, I lose my nursing license and cannot work. I am barely making ends meet, and he will not let go of the arrears. It is unfair because not only have I always paid him, I have also given him additional money even when I was in school and working part time. Our 16 year old currently resides with him (he took off with them and moved 60 miles away. HE refused to pay me child support so I could never afford a larger place to live and therefore, the children preferred his home where they had their own room). So he has 3 incomes...his (which is substantially greater than mine), mine, and his wife's. He also gets to claim the kids on his taxes...he has taken me to the cleaners and back. Not fair.
Someone from Mooresville, NC signed.
January 12, 2011
Someone from Alexandria, LA writes:
This is so true. I am a mother of two children and if I have to take my kid's father to court for money for support, i dont't want it! I am married to a wonderful man who takes great care of his firsrt son and because his ex can't accept the fact that he has moved on, she files for child suppport after 7 years. In my state the judges don't even listen to the father' side, they just rule in favor of the females which is so unfair. I think both should be treated equally and both sides should be considered, not just what the female says. Why is it okay for her to sit at home and take care of the neighborhood withhis money out of jealousy and spite???
Someone from Vass, NC writes:
Yes, i completley agree...and i would also like to add that all parents/guardians recieving child support should be required to keep reciepts and give proof that they actually spent the child support money on the children. Because most of them don't spend the money on the children at all...i can think of quite a lot of perfect examples of this here in nc.
6 years ago
Someone from Vass, NC signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Vass, NC writes:
I don't agree since, my sorry sperm donor is the one who sits on his ass, and then wants to call someone trying to get them to drop the child support, I ain't never been handed a thing, I work for what I got, unlike him !!! Hell he don"t take care of either of his kids, or even call unless it's convietent for him, so I say up his support, Hell when he does go to court, they don't do anything but play games right along with him, get someone to fight for me, cause child support, sure as hell ain't doin it !!!
6 years ago
Someone from Cameron, NC signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Surprise, AZ signed.
January 21, 2011
Someone from Easton, PA signed.
January 30, 2011
Someone from Norwell, MA signed.
January 31, 2011
Someone from Kingman, AZ writes:
I am a non-custodial parent and my comment isn't about having to pay child support because I believe that it is my duty as a father to contribute to the upbringing and welfare of MY responsibility. What I am going to comment on is the fact that I have encountered too many people (men & women, custodial & non-custodial) that agree that the Division of Child Support, no matter what county they may be from, are generally an illegal operation that inspires fear, and promotes thievery. I cannot at all agree with those parents that do not do their part in the raising of a child but I can understand why some run away from their "duties". I have heard many times over how a non-custodial parent had tried and tried to keep up on the set amount of child support but honestly could not support themselves and keep up the minimum payments for various reasons (some legitimate and some not so legitimate reasons), but never-the-less, having your drivers license taken from you or your paychecks suddenly garnished without warning or permission should be illegal. What right does any entity have to decide where the money YOU earn goes without going through a preceding? I feel that the division of child support is WAY too powerful and is, in my opinion, borderline fascist/criminal empire in the way business is performed and I feel that Americans need more options. Bail is contracted out, why can't the reception of child support be done the same way?
Someone from Fayetteville, NC signed.
February 10, 2011
Someone from Hackensack, NJ signed.
February 12, 2011
Someone from Port Orange, FL writes:
Child Support was supposed to protect children from dead beat dads who tried walking out. Now who is protecting any of us from the growing population of dead beat moms (we pay $300b in taxes to them). There are still dead beat dads and men no one should stay with and the courts should help those situations. Unfortunately there is a growing number of dead beat moms; women who have fit partners to raise their children with but aren't interested in being with the father for fickle reasons. These women still feel entitled to much of the father's money and our tax dollars. Let's tell them to grow up, take some responsibility for their actions, and live by them with out asking others to pay the price. If a mom refuses a fit father to share raising a child with, than she should be capable of handling the responsibility herself. Our help should go to the children of mothers who really need it because their father walked out or was unfit to keep in the house.
February 12, 2011
Someone from Alsip, IL signed.
5 years ago
Someone from Soldotna, AK writes:
my wife divorced me, i wanted to stay married, i did nothing wrong, we shared custody for the first 10 years but i let my child stay with her mom because it was the right thing to do....... i was made aware that i owed 24k in back support, although i have made payments it has still ecellated to 70k. the child is now 27 years old with 3 kids and in prison but i still owe back support 27 years later and no relief in sight. I have had to raise my new family and constantly telling my kids that i couldnt provide because the ex wife wants her money. at what point do i get relief? death? I hope to die so she will have to get a job.
5 years ago
Someone from Soldotna, AK writes:
my wife divorced me, i wanted to stay married, i did nothing wrong, we shared custody for the first 10 years but i let my child stay with her mom because it was the right thing to do....... i was made aware that i owed 24k in back support, although i have made payments it has still ecellated to 70k . the child is now 27 years old with 3 kids and in prison but i still owe back support 27 years later and no relief in sight. I have had to raise my new family and constantly telling my kids that i couldnt provide because the ex wife wants her money. at what point do i get relief? death? I hope to die so she will have to get a job. bankruptcy allows for a person to start fresh, why are there no provisions for this?
5 years ago
Someone from Salem, OR writes:
why is it that a woman can , just run to the child support service , and claim that she needs support? and then just screw your life up with no oversight con sering the father? were are his rights ??? guess what u have none! just because i didn't want to be with my ex im paying for it ,in the form of garnishments out of my checks ! i love my daughter, and not her greedy money hungry mother! itz my choice not to be with her so i get hung out to dry just because she feels like being a vindictive *****? so unfair that i can not even pay my rent , barley even put close on my back because of these so called child enforcement thieves are sticking it to me, and to put the icing on the cake , i lost my job got my licence revoked , and just found out there going to take my unemployment checks a way as well! something has to change ! the state of Oregon is corrupt to the fullest! they dont care how much they are screwing honest hard working people over ! Make the woman do her part ! and stop giving the a free check! at the expense of others hard work sweat and blood!
5 years ago
Someone from Raleigh, NC signed.
5 years ago
Someone from Simpsonville, SC writes:
Texas Law makes you pay 25% of you net pay regardless of you income and you childs mothers income. In my case my son's mother has been remarried and just had a baby and has now quit her job, requested a child support review in an effort to get more money so she can sit at home with her new baby. When I wanted a review to lower my child support the Child support divison told me to get a second job or get an attorny. Why isnt child support based on both incomes of the mother and father and the age of the child and why is law in her vavor and not both .
February 22, 2011
Someone from Sylva, NC writes:
Just another dad that is getting robbed by the system.
February 24, 2011
Someone from Springfield, MA signed.
February 24, 2011
Someone from Springfield, MA writes:
I just can't believe that I have to pay 372.00 per week for one child and she can get away with being on mass health. It's just not fair! How am I supposed to be able to even do anything when I am with my son? Why isn't support 50/50? I feel so violated. It must be nice to be able to sit home and feed of me to a tune of 1488.00 a month tax free! So disgusted with are system. Is it really worth working?
February 24, 2011
Someone from Springfield, MA writes:
March 1, 2011
Someone from Henderson, NV writes:
I pay 25% of my gross income for child support here in Clark County. The law states that she is supposed to pay 50% of all health care costs. The DA for clark county told me that, there was no way I could prove that my company paid for my health insurance and that I would have to take it to court if I wanted to receive any healthcare reimbursment over $200 a month. In addition, my child support is so much that my ex doesn't even have to work or contribute a cent to my child's upbringing, and I am still in the low middle class income bracket! Now is that what a fair un-biased system is about?
March 3, 2011
Someone from Cambridge, MA signed.
Someone from Paragould, AR signed.
March 10, 2011
Someone from Graham, WA writes:
Use, abuse, & VICDICTVINOUS, PEDESTAL QUEENS--feminism says give me, give me
5 years ago
Someone from Saint Louis, MO writes:
I have been paying child support for some years. My oldest son is 20 and will be turning 21 in June of this year. I also have twins with the same mother, their mother passed away in 2005 and custody was awarded to my ex wife's mother. She went after me for child support which I have paid with no problem, even though she took the kids to Atlanta without my permission. To make a long story short, my twins are 19 now and because the my son (the twin) failed a grade and is still in school and the grandmother sent a letter to child support, saying he would attend collage, I have to pay the full amount for all three until the last two turns 21 years old.
5 years ago
Someone from Woodinville, WA writes:
I strongly believe that child support laws pit men and women against each other (which is damaging to children who get caught in the middle), steals from people to a point where they cannot survive and upholds criminal behavior. Yes, I think that it should be considered criminal behavior to make several children with several men and sue them all for child support, robbing them of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The state is teaching children that laziness, vindictiveness and irresponsibility are all rewarded and morally acceptable. Teaching children that it is okay to destroy someone else's life to have more money-that is child abuse.
March 22, 2011
Someone from Durham, NC writes:
I am a female but I am against the way child support is calculated as well. Although the majority of time it's the male that earns more, I am a case where I make 3x the amount of my ex. Although we both earn respectable salaries (60k vs 180k) and I don't "need" his money for my children to be comfortable, I hate the fact that as my salary contius to soar his child support obligation continues to go down. Why is it the better the custodial parent does for themselves, the less the absent parent has to pay? I think child support is moreso setup to hinder the parent that makes more money - whether that person be a male or female, custodial or noncustodial
March 25, 2011
Someone from Edinboro, PA signed.
March 25, 2011
Someone from Edinboro, PA signed.
Someone from Ellenwood, GA writes:
Well, I could go on and on about how DIRTY this fisad this Corporation is killing us off mentaly not only Physically, I have red all of u guys comments my HEART go,s out to every single one of u, I feel your PAIN your DISQUSE, I myself is a VICTIM, I have had Representatives hang up the phone in my face, DIstrict Attorneys avoid my call here in georgia, it seems the Rabbit hole is DEEPER than it is, they must be getting Compensation or someone or some elite group is holding our leaders by the B$&:s, instead of Arguing about taxes the war inIRAG, or LIBYA, god nows where else, we should raise hell during Elections about CHILDSUPPORT!!!, and in the COURTS,(the bill of rights the constitution),im wondering if these important Documents are being Ignored,u cannot trust the Courts u cannot trust Congress,and u Damn cannot trust 99.98% of these ATTORNEYS to help, and to make it even more Wonderfull I found out that the 2 kids may not be mine hows that for a SURPRISE!!!!!
March 29, 2011
Someone from Ellenwood, GA signed.
April 5, 2011
Someone from Chanute, KS writes:
The govt has made this about money not the children. The allotted amount of money that each social rehabilition service recieves contiunously increases but with t he current laws they should be better off . Where is this money going? I know for a fact that the organization has left over money at the end of the year that they "get rid of" so they will get more next year. Wait isnt this the tax money that we are all paying? I am and have been paying child support for a child that recieves half of what I make. I also have two children and a wife at home and we have to live on the other half. How can anyone justify that? I have half a notion to get in the system myself and just keep having kids just so I can feel justified. I'm not fond of that idea but where else can we fight this injustice