August 29, 2010
Someone from Springfield, MO writes:
I am concerned about the public and the media's disregard for the father's rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That a man may even be imprisoned for being poor. The policies are out of touch with society and do not recognize the circumstances of the average working class citizen.
August 30, 2010
Someone from Fort Stewart, GA signed.
August 30, 2010
Someone from Marinette, WI writes:
Today I called Marinette County Child Support to find out if they had received my request for review. I talked to my case worker and ask if she had any information about review or how long it was going to take to hear back from her and alls she could tell me is that she had 700 cases to go through and didn't really know how long it would take to get a response. I have just took a new job and also a cut in pay to be able to spend more time with my 2 daughters since I have already missed out on at least 2 years of their lives that I can never get back because of back to back deployments with the Wisconsin National Guard. My ex-wife doesn't even work and is collecting child support from three of us and is now pregnant with the fourth from the fourth guy I mean where does it stop. I guess I am good enough to put my life on the line when it comes to our freedom. Don't get me wrong their are alot of dad's out there that need to be way more responsible but why make it hard to live because in the end it's only hurting the child even more so when the mother cares more for the money for herself than spending it on the child. I see it first hand when it comes to my ex-wife.
September 5, 2010
Someone from Martinsville, VA signed.
September 6, 2010
Someone from S Zanesville, OH writes:
I have a friend that has never had problems paying until 3yrs. ago. He lost a job and had to continue paying $400 a mnth. for one child. He got $1000 behind and was put in jail, lost his license. Who will hire you with no license? This cycle has now continued and he's been in jail numerous times. After getting a job they put him in jail again, after paying a 1/4 of it they said pay it all or go back to jail. He went to school. Nope not good enough. The system favors the others pays for their foo, school, living, cars, repairs, babysitters and the men are left hiding from jail and never seeing their kids, and they obviously love their children or they would sign over their rights. This system needs to be equal.
September 8, 2010
Someone from Fredericktown, MO writes:
The Missouri child support laws are extremely unfair. My husband has made less than half of what he did last year to date and we had another child but when we sent in for an order to have child support modified Family Support Division went off of his previous years income and would not give him a credit for our new baby because HE was the one that requested the modification, if the custodial parent had requested it then he would have gotten credit for our baby. If we pay $2000 to hire an attorney we will get the credit for our baby, but we don't have $2000 we are about to lose our house and he is still having to pay child support off an income base thats more than 2x what he is making due to slow work. He is also still paying her for daycare expenses and his child is 15 years old, they would not remove the daycare expense because it was not a 20% decrease from his current order.
September 11, 2010
Someone from Kansas City, MO writes:
stop hurting the good man
September 13, 2010
Someone from Kansas City, MO writes:
In an attempt to punish the deadbeats, the system does more damage to the hard working, honest fathers. As a result, those good fathers end up looking like they no longer desire to be responsible for their children; the system erroneously perpetuates the stereotype that there are very few or no good men/fathers.
September 30, 2010
Someone from Ashburn, GA writes:
I am a woman, wife, mother, and a grandmother and I see first hand how greedy some ex-wives can be. This is going to continue until someone in Congress decides that dads have been bashed long enough. Come on dads, we can't take anymore! I'm wondering when the support from attorneys, especially men, will come? How is it that this unfair law can just keep hurting the "good" dads. Child support is a means of income for many women. For those mother's/ex-wives who knowingly abuse it should be punished. Let them have to wonder how they are going to pay or else! It's time the mother's/ex-wives were looked into. For a dad to reach such a point of despair that he has to choose between paying bills or child support, then he'd better choose child support. Forget that he has to live also. The system doesn't care about that. A dad loses much more. This law still isn't fair even with the changes that have been made. Please let's pick up the ball and start rolling. Not everyone can afford an attorney for private reviews. Please help those good dads. Don't put all dads into the same pot. Cases are different. The laws need to be changed! We desperately need it!!
6 years ago
Someone from Wilmington, DE writes:
I believe that the child support laws are designed to break up families, and does not benefit the child whatsoever, I was order to pay $518.00 but the childs mother said that that was not enough, so the state of deleware had decided not to go by my present income and they want to say that during 2008 I made about 33,0000 during 1 quarter and they are telling me that if I work 7days aweek and overtime, basically my new support order is based on what I can make if I worked overtime 2yrs ago, so far this yr I will make about 50grand, I was also told to cash in my vacation, and my sick time and that should bring me a extra income of about 7grand and they are going back 2yrs retoactive because I was the 4th guy they tested and the child is 7yrs old, The state of Delaware wants to use my old tax returns where I worked 2 jobs in the prior yrs with overtime, So now I appealing the decision because they will contact me by mail and tell me what my new child support is. And my wife has just had a baby this month and I was told by the childsupport lawyer how convient!!!!
6 years ago
Someone from Madison, WI signed.
October 23, 2010
Someone from Aiken, SC signed.
October 24, 2010
Someone from Gainesville, FL writes:
My husband just got ordered to pay child support this last year. A 10 year old popped up out of nowhere. The child was adopted by the mother's husband but he still has to pay 7 years back support. The problem is that child support exists to ensure that 2 parents are caring for the child financially. With the mother and her husband being married and caring for the child already, plus the arrears from my husband, the court has succeeded in providing 3 financial parents for the child. Something is terribly wrong.
October 26, 2010
Someone from Hobbs, NM signed.
October 28, 2010
Someone from Moscow Mills, MO writes:
Recently, I have been informed that I get the wonderful task of supplying 100 percent of all costs associated with my child. Mind you, however, that she has never worked a day in her life. She is on state aid, government housing, food stamps (e.b.t.), government health insurance, and has been for 15 years. She has three other children, by three other men. The state pays for them. I, however, get to pay for mine. I'm not upset about paying for my child.... But 1,000 dollars a month and health care.......really!!!!!!! I am a heavily decorated combat veteran, a father and a husband who was told by the courts that a "deadbeat" will not be tolerated. To tell you the truth, I'm o.k. With holding a person accountable for their obligations. With that being said, I'm not being held accountable for just my actions, I'm also being held accountable for hers as well. I have heard the argument, weak, at the very best, that it is in the best interest of the child. Seriously, give this archaic load of horse crap a rest. She will not let me see the child, and in order to enforce the rights that I have, that will be thousands of dollars sir. Oops, I can't afford to fight her, our legislation has seen to that. Every penny I make goes to the support of my current family and to support her entire way of life. I now have a wonderful wife, who is truly a credit to her gender and humanity as a whole. However, women like my ex, sure are tearing her gender's reputation to shreds. Good thing I know better, not all women are economic leaches. If I were a woman, I do believe I would fight to stop women like this. It is unfortunate, but true, that the system allows the creation of economic leaches. And for the most part, it is women who receive outlandish amounts of assistance. Women, it's time to stop the few bad apples. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of men out there who should have had more chlorine in their gene pool as well. With that being said, it gets hard to support for your current family when this type of atrocity running rampant. Sometimes it makes you wonder, how can I lay on my back, and make a living. Wait that's called prostitution, and in many places that's still illegal. But in some sick and twisted way, our government is promoting it.
October 31, 2010
Someone from Fort Pierce, FL writes:
Its amazing on how you are being robbed of your constitutional rights,saying who got them.I payed my child support for my kids since they were born,up till now.Now that the hard times has hit just about 80% of americans,including me,i'm not able to pay all of my support but,I pay about half of it now.To take my license is a bunch of crap I think,especially if i'm paying something.Now how can I go out to find any work if they took my license.I think that its very wrong and the law should be change,upon they have options of you going to jail,license taking,and you in the creditals as bad credit.That leave us,the child support payers with no options,send me to a communist country cause thats what this country is headed to being.Still all freedom like you been doing,United states of *******s.I feel that our rights has been condeemed,which is unconstituional.let freedom ring is what you told us,so stand up and give it back to us,takeing ones driving privilege for child support is digging the economy for working people deeper into poverty.
November 1, 2010
Someone from Roswell, GA signed.
November 1, 2010
Someone from Roswell, GA writes:
It should be child's expenses divided in half. It is ridiculous these gold digging women want to be paid for opening there legs. It is not mothers support for their expenses, it is child support. The amount should have nothing to do with percentages of income. Half the responsibility is mothers as well and sollar amo9unt should be derived from childs expenses. Come on I was a single mother. If they want to live a certain lifestyle, it is not the babies father that should be responsible for that. CRAZZZZY!!!!!!!! The fact that our government demand this raping to continue makes me utterly disgusted. You, the government are handicapping woman and making it their goal to become impregnated in effort to avoid working.It is legalized financial abuse to men!!!!!
Someone from Madison, WI signed.
November 2, 2010
Someone from Kingsford, MI writes:
Why is it that the government is coming down so hard on the fathers that step up to the plate and take care of there children? I am in a child support battle right now with my ex-wife because of a new job I took with a pay cut. I have served two tours in Iraq and have a full time job for over ten years along with being part of the WI national guard for eight years now. I just learned that the Marinette County child support office is now trying to take from my military pay and my full time job to collect child support when I am not behind at all and did I MENTION THAT THE MOTHER DOES NOT WORK AT ALL and to my knowledge has made no attempt to even find a job. My ex-wife has three kids with three different guy's and is working on her fourth kid with the fourth guy so you tell me is this how it is suppose to work have as many kids as you can and get paid for it????? It just makes me sick to see MEN or WOMEN taking advantage of the system and the MEN and WOMEN that actually do there part in raising there children getting the short end of the stick. In my mind the ones that do this kind of thing to the system don't deserve to have there children.....
November 4, 2010
Someone from Gattman, MS signed.
November 4, 2010
Someone from Villa Rica, GA writes:
if you have an order stating when the child turns 18 the child support obligation is complete and the mother files a modification in atttmept to get more money, a raise in support and to pay the state of florida's attorney representing the case, when in fact its the state of florida's fault. the state stopped the order on child support not the respondent. how is this fair? especially when you get notice a year later, come on!!! the order is suppose to be like a contract however the mother seems to have all the rights and the men are set to suffer or told get another job. the state of florida is notorious for unfair child support laws.
November 4, 2010
Someone from Flint, MI writes:
I pay child support, I pay $750 for three kids which two I cant see plus the money i spend on there clothing, gifts,etc and they took my driving liencse, how am I too get to work to pay? and issued a warrent for my arrest cause of not paying all the monies and then added interest to.the C.S. Its a no win situation, Ive paid since my kids were born it comes right out of my check i dont even see it. But I Still have $85,000 to pay I only make (when I was Working) $9.00 an hour. and I just got married to a woman that has to Kids 19 and 16 and they fathers dont pay nothing. and get away with it what gives
November 8, 2010
Someone from Nashville, TN signed.
November 9, 2010
Someone from Palm Bay, FL writes:
Child support should be a set amount for everyone, based on basic cost of rearing a child. The current method of considering income, is an incentive for women to divorce men making decent wages. It is being used as some sort of punishment.
6 years ago
Someone from Florissant, MO signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Fort Stewart, GA signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Wyoming, MI signed.
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
I have to chose if I feed my own two children 3 meals a day, pay for my car, or have a home. California robs me of 2083.00 a month, to give it to two children that may not even be mine, I asked for DNA, the courts denied it. The mother hid the children for years I could never find them and yet I have to pay for her actions, even though she admits to sleeping around in our relationship and they might not be mine. These laws are UNFAIR. Do my other two children, one being special needs need to pay for this? I am being destroyed on my credit which will cause me my job too.
November 22, 2010
Someone from Seymour, TN signed.
November 22, 2010
Someone from Wilson, KS writes:
Get the true dead beats and dead weight back to work, make them earn it.
November 29, 2010
Someone from Melbourne, FL signed.
December 1, 2010
Someone from Brookings, OR signed.
December 1, 2010
Someone from Hatley, WI writes:
when will tea party canidates wrestle with this. imcumbut polititions wont touck it because of political couardice. who will take this issue on . gimme a name. i want to know who i can support ?
December 1, 2010
Someone from Cary, NC signed.
December 5, 2010
Someone from Marion, NC writes:
child support in NC is very unfair to the non custodial parent (usually the dad), I am a mom and have primary custody of my children. I can see how some custodial parents (usually the mom) can take advantage of this situation!! I suggest these changes: 1) person paying child support should NOT have to claim this money as income. 2) person receiving child support should have to claim this as income OR 3) person paying child support should be able to claim a dependent when filing taxes. At least one dependent when there is more than one child or if only one child then take turns each year claiming the dependent. I know it takes two incomes (in most cases) to raise children and both parents need to take responsibility. fair is fair and the current laws on child support in NC are NOT fair! changes are long over due!!
December 7, 2010
Someone from Hartland, ME writes:
When this started i lived in tx , My ex i found out had an affair and aborted a child behind my back,but i found the paper work in the mail from planned parenthood. You see i was an over the road truck driver who borrowed alot of money to get my family into a home on some property that i was purchasing prior to getting with this woman.Then my father had a life altering accident which crippled him for life,which also lead to his death after 10 years.So now i have to take care of my mother who is seventy five and has never drivin a day in her life.But i couldn't do this and drive truck anymore and pay $626. a month for one child,So i tried to go to school for auto and diesel mechanics . In all this i've had to move from tx to ri [ where my father passed away] and my mother did not want to live anymore due to her memories of my dad so i did the only thing i could to make it rite for her to move her to a state where her sisters live in maine .But in all the while i was workin drivin truck and living on the road in a truck i was sending my whole paycheck to catch up on rearages which where retroactive from the time my ex left me in tx which started out 13000 in the hole . I had lowered it some by sending in my whole checks but then dad died . but now the state of maine has revoked my license and i'am 7 months away from graduating school to get the job to pay the support but evadently not now . The DHHS say i can't go to school i'am under a court order to pay,not to mention that the economy is so screwed i'll be suprised if the only people who have jobs are the people in government or some office of power.MUST BE NICE TO HAVE POWER OVER PEOPLE!
December 8, 2010
Someone from Edinburg, TX signed.
December 9, 2010
Someone from Seattle, WA writes:
The child support calculators in Washington need to be revised and brought up to date. People earn higher incomes now and the support calculator does not account for that (it tops off). My attorney said the calculators are based on cost of living from 1990.
6 years ago
Someone from Easton, PA signed.