Someone from Napa, CA writes:
My husband and his ex share 50/50 custody of their 2 children. There is no custodial parent. Everything is equal. He pays for 100% of their medical insurance and the kids are on my dental plan. We pay 600.00 a month in child support because the ex does not want to work. Now she wants to take us back to court for more money becasue she has another baby with someone else. In CA she has the right to more $ from us because she now has a hardship. It's insane. My husband works full time and is an excellent fully involved father. It's not fair that my husband has to pay his ex money because she chooses not to work. I believe that this child support system was set up to protect mothers and children against dead beat dads. This is not always the case anymore. The system is failing in this situation.....
Someone from Bridgeview, IL writes:
My wife are taking care of her sister, we Went to the courts to obtain the Child Support for this young woman so the Mother could not collect it. Well the judge issued an order stating that Mother would pay Us 1/2 each time she received a Payment from the Father and if she did not comply she would be held in contempt of the Courts and thrown in Jail for 6 mths. Mother Hired an Attorney and he is going to move to Vacate the said order. Which means, Mom still receives the money for a child she does not take care of. and left behind at our home.
Someone from Tampa, FL writes:
If both parents are willing to be a part of a childs life then they should be responsible for 50/50 of his financial and custodial rights. Mothers are purposefully abusing the system to live off men.
Someone from Birmingham, AL writes:
when the sys make it so a person cant live or take care of then salf then it morly wrong !
November 25, 2009
Someone from Stockton, IL writes:
something needs to be done about the state of illinos.i payed off what i oued 2 years ago and know there came back this year and said i oue that much more,$10,000,THEY JUST CLEANED OUT MY BANK ACCOUNT OF $3,600 EVERY LAST NICKLE I HAD,MOST OF IT WAS FOR MY HEATING BILL THIS WINTER,MY JOD ENDS IN THE MIDDLE OF DEC.2009 WHAT AN I TO DO,MY ATERNY CAN NOT GET ANY WERE WITH THEM
November 28, 2009
Someone from Brooklyn, NY writes:
Of course the child support system is a joke benefitting the custodial parent. I have a family of four not including the one i pay child support for and my payment is more then what i take care of my whole family with. I believe they should take into consideration the living arrangments of the custodial parent if they are living with their parents or relatives and collecting welfare and does not to pay one bill why should i have to pay for my childs living expenses if their free to the other parent just giving money to do whatever they want. Also i want custody of my child and dont want a penny from the other parent why is this not acceptable i will take responsibility and do it by myself but i cant cause the court says its for the best to live with the mother. How about we give the child to the parent who actually wants them for love and not for money.
November 28, 2009
Someone from Oceanside, CA writes:
November 30, 2009
Someone from Saint Albans, NY signed.
November 30, 2009
Someone from Dickson City, PA signed.
January 1, 2010
Someone from Amarillo, TX signed.
January 7, 2010
Someone writes:
A magistrate placed a child support order on me without looking at anyones income. How can he do this?
January 8, 2010
Someone from Fort Lauderdale, FL writes:
The system in all states is sad. My husband is working all the time to care for children that he has no contact with. One mother disappeared for 5 years without a trace and popped back up to file for more money. Browaard County Child Support is a joke. My EX pays very little and goes to court so they can tell him it's ok, to pay when he can. He was not paying ANYTHING. Stupid. Meanwhile, my current husband was paying every week and they still suspended his license and the mother stated he did not live with or help her when the child was born years prior to them going to court and they got him for $25,000 back child support. They went way past the 2 years allowed to seek past support. We had a lawyer. The general magistrates here are terrible and do not listen to the evidence either. We sued her for custody due to abuse-proved abuse with DCF and the judge was more worried about child support he was paying and still left the child with the mother. So, unless the laws are changed the non-custodial parents can just kiss everything they own good bye.
7 years ago
Someone from Selma, AL signed.
Someone from Selma, AL writes:
child support should be a flat rate across the board and vistation should be set when the support is set and if the mother stops showing up then her support because lets face it its hers not the child should stop! DHR is a joke and the judges are all corrupt!
7 years ago
Someone from Chicago, IL signed.
Someone from Chicago, IL writes:
This is one of the worse law I have ever witness. Man pay for children that is not theirs, While the women stay at home have more baby. Let all kinds of man stay at home with them while a man that not the father pay child support. While his children he do have that i really his grt less then nothing. that what my husband do. In illionois if a woman tell you the father of a child and you try to do the right thing. and sign the birth certifate and later find out the child is not yours you stuck. best interest of the child they say. What about the real father who sitting back not taking care of the cjild thats his. and the mother eho lied from the begging nowing she had sex with more then one man. An dthe children who father pay schild support for other children and his real children miss out .on birthdays ,shoe, vacations,etc. because there is no money fir them . every person man woman and child . who there real father is. for every reason and health. the law to chane if a man not the father he should not have to pay. Give these man a dna test if the ask for one and if they not the father stop making them apy for other people chilfren . yoy showed don't want that to be you. walk and these family shoes. stop this is not fail illionois you dead wrong . stop think have a heart .
January 27, 2010
Someone from Colfax, WI signed.
February 2, 2010
Someone from Tremonton, UT writes:
The laws definatly need to be looked at the problem is that it just depends on how the judge fills for the day on what the outcome is for the day. should be 0-5 years old this much per day to raise a kid 6-15 this much 16-18 not off what each parent makes in my situation I never asked for a divorce I had to fight to get a 50/50 visitation I buy all clothes at my house food birthday ect. which I love to do cause their my kids and usually pay all extra cirricular activities and still pay her 409.00 a month was paying 300.00 a month alamony till she remarried and she wants to take me back to court for the 6th time in 2 years for more money and to pay for the kids school lunch witch will never go through I hope but just depends on how the judge is filling and I still have to pay my half of the court costs attorney fees to defend my self. new law should be added anyone taking someone to court for something stupid or an act of greed should pay all court costs and attorney fees for both parties Regardless. the only time the law should be alterd if one of the parties had to leave for abuse, drugs, cheating and can prove that. to many women are leaving cause its to easy good check every month they do that to 2 or 3 guys and they have it made. any judge altering from these laws should be termanated.
February 4, 2010
Someone from Largo, FL signed.
February 4, 2010
Someone from Staten Island, NY writes:
NYS Child Support system is totalitarianism at its finest. It's modern day tyranny and extortion against the non-custodial parent. It's a broken system that's become cancerous and needs to be changed immediately.
February 8, 2010
Someone from Reading, PA writes:
Child support laws only benifit custodial parents . Last I remember it takes aman anad a women create child why should the non custodial parent benifit from these broken and unrevised laws that only create confusion. Why these laws target non custodial parents , taking all our earnings and with the risk of getting out in the streets
Someone from Kissimmee, FL writes:
I was askeg to pay 554.00 am month by a massachusetts family court judge,since I was not present at the hearing.Also the reason I couldnt go is money .From Florida to mass. This is a miscarrage of the justice system or what.I make 400.00 a week.
February 15, 2010
Someone from Huron, SD writes:
dont let them call you a deadbeat dad fight 4 everone
7 years ago
Someone from Cadillac, MI signed.
Someone from Blue Mountain, MS writes:
Fight ON theres are still good Fathers out there I bust my butt so that the mother could sit at home and have nice things why i hurt just getting bye to eat day to day Fight ON
7 years ago
Someone from Jackson, MI signed.
Someone from Jackson, MI writes:
I think its bull crap that a woman can wait 12 years then come after support. I pay more support than what i make. I have lost my car, my apartment and other things of mine and now im homeless because of the state garnishing child support cause the mom doesnt want to work. I have worked 2 full time jobs to try to make it and i cant even afford to pay 450 a month in rent cause the take so much support for 2 kids. One mother waited 12 years and one mothe waited 4 years then came after me. I dont think fathers should have to pay that back support when the mothers wait. I would rather kill myself than keep getting screwed by this state.
7 years ago
Someone from Saugerties, NY signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Kansas City, KS signed.
Someone from Mohawk, TN writes:
I paid child support and back support but they just add intrest to where it's outragious enough is enough. How long will I be taken advantage of
Someone from Red Banks, MS writes:
woman said she was 2mo. pregnat when i meet her.when we broke up and the babby was born she named me as the father.but istill half to pay childsupport.
Someone from Dayton, OH writes:
yea get ur lazy butt up and go to work and supportthem kids.
March 25, 2010
Someone from Knoxville, TN signed.
March 25, 2010
Someone from Three Rivers, MI writes:
I think that if you are paying child support for a child that is not yours it is your own fault. They do have what we call DNA to prove weather the child is yours or not. As for parents sitting at home who collect the child support I only hear the men complaining who have to pay for there share of that night or romance. It is not easy to raise children all you guys do is see the $$ signs you have to pay. What about the things we as mothers have to give up and all the costs that come with raising children. Do I think you should be robbed NO I don't but maybe if everyone took time to think of the what could happens instead of the first thing that pops up think about what will or could pop out. I think that child support should be reasonable for both parties not for one to sit home and be lazy I do agree the paying party does need to survive. But, most of these child support paying parents have lost site of what really matters here and that is the well being of said child(ren)
March 25, 2010
Someone from Knoxville, TN writes:
I think that we as fathers do care about all that, But it's tough to pay and support mothers- not children- and its naive to think that $ is all we see, women use children as weapons, even visitation is everyother weekend, thats less then 53 visits a year, meanwhile stepdad gets 24-7 and he controles were my money goes, mostly drugs... and responsiblity starts at home and alot of times the girl cheats and the man pays support, this bill is for women or men who use the system to gain and never give back, the vomit of this nation, we as a people need to enforce deadbeats on all sides of the poll, not just the dads but the mothers who scam to get a free ride, neglect works both ways, and although it is hard to raise children, school'sand daycares take 60% of the responsiblity, while those parents that use it as source of income do whatever it is they do while they dont work. I feel bad for the women who do it all while the man pays nothing, however there are lots of evidence to show mothers who use children as war toys... Watch Maury!!!
March 25, 2010
Someone from Kalamazoo, MI writes:
In today's world it is so hard to make things meet. I make $14.45 an hour and am paying $784.00 a month on 2 kids. I am lucky sometimes to get overtime but on a 40 hour work week I am bringing home $400.00 per week while the childrens mother sits at home and draws SSI for Panic Attacks getting $643.00 a month plus food stamps and money from the state of Michigan. I tried to go to court last year and the judge brought my child support down to $610.00 a month which is still to high and the worse thing about going to court is that I told the judge I cannot afford to pay $610.00 in rent plus buy food and he gave me such a stupid look. Please change this for the greater good. Thank You John F Kulinski
March 27, 2010
Someone from Vineland, NJ writes:
Why not give the Men paying Child atleast there Drivers liscense and maybe they'll show there Face and get a JOb .. Not to smart taking there liscense , all they do is hide ..How smart was that .. Want mothers to get paid more ? GIVE THE MEN THERE LISCENSE !!
April 8, 2010
Someone from Huron, SD signed.
April 8, 2010
Someone from Huron, SD signed.
April 12, 2010
Someone from Suwanee, GA signed.