December 7, 2009
Someone from West Tisbury, MA writes:
my fience paul free is in jail facing 7 yrs because of this... he did nothing and i was to be the victim and i told them he didnt do anything
December 7, 2009
Someone from Columbia, MD signed.
December 7, 2009
Someone from Bayonne, NJ writes:
My ex-wife has made SEVERAL false claims of domestic violence against me. They have ranged from simple-assault to harassment. Her motives are two fold. First to try get my custody removed of our two year old daughter. Secondly, to get me fired from a job as a police officer. The atrocities need to stop.
December 7, 2009
Someone from Halethorpe, MD signed.
December 8, 2009
Someone from Huntersville, NC writes:
It happened to an innocent friend and it is devastating to everyone involved. Not just the wrongfully accused but also their children, parents, etc. It is horribly wrong and must be stopped.
December 8, 2009
Someone from Frederick, MD signed.
December 8, 2009
Someone from Vineyard Haven, MA signed.
December 8, 2009
Someone from Jasper, FL signed.
December 8, 2009
Someone from Seattle, WA writes:
I was accused of Domestic Violence for the first time in my life as I am at the age of 39 and never hit a women in my life to date and do not agree with that type of behavior. The women whom I was dating had a drug issue of which I didn;t want to support and she retailiated against me by crying wolf because i wouldn't give her money to get her crack cocain of which i found out that what the money was going to be used for and also sell it and she was using for that purpose. When i didnt give her the money and she said she would retailiat and claim assualt. I went to court with the proof of evidence that explained what was going on in all her tx messages that was depositioned and the court and proscuting attorney would not listened and i was silenced with out regard to telling the truth. They would not allow my evidence into court to prove my story and nothing would matter. There is something terrably wrong when evidence and telling the truth is not allowed. I am afraid of her and there is nothing I can do. The laws must be for both citizens and MUST CHANGE if being told telling the truth is no good anymore when It comes to this law.
Someone from Clairton, PA writes:
This is happening to my brother right now. His wife threw all his clothes, shoes, suits, cd's etc. out in the snow and poured tomato juice all over them. My brother went to the house with two police officers to retrieve his things that she threw out. He went to his office 45 minutes away. Four hours later she calls 911 says he came back and slapped her (her lip was bleeding from a cold sore), the cops hunted him down, cuffed him and he spent the night in jail. Now he cannot see his two children and if he is even in the same store as her he will be arrested. He wasn't even at the house, he never went back. He does have proof of phone calls and receipts. I fear that on his court date of Jan. 27, that she will prevail. This is not right to waste the court's time and taxpayer money on false accusations and she can just walk away from it!
December 10, 2009
Someone from New Bern, NC writes:
I am living this as I write. My fiance was arrested this morning on DV charges because his exwife wants more child support and he would not agree. So she proceeded to the magistrates office to claim that she was scared of him...He has been hand cuffed and made to be taken into a courtroom in front of 100's of people...This is nonsense and this should not be happening. Women are abusing the right to protection for their own personal reasons not true DV. This has to stop!!!!!!!!
December 10, 2009
Someone from New Bern, NC writes:
December 10, 2009
Someone from Milford, CT writes:
A mere DCF allegation totally untrue and without proof,at DCF hearing found innocent record is clean.But an attny et lietum persued to remove my full custody in family court before the DCF hearring though she knew it was pending, which later exonerated me.But she took away my custody of son.That is something which wont return as fast as she was able to take away.That is soo wrong in soo many ways ,Im innocent but my son is gone.
December 13, 2009
Someone from Punta Gorda, FL writes:
My boyfriend's soon to be ex-wife filed a domestic violence charges on him. If you guys see the paperwork she filled out, it was HIDEOUS! Anyone will be able to tell that the story she hand written are fabricated. My boyfriend is a full time dad who works and attend college for his pre-radiology tech classes. He wants to be in a medical field to make a difference in peoples lives! Now that he has this domestic violence charge on him, he had to explain himself with every job interview and the charges appears with every background check. The congress should put a stop to this because a lot of innocent men are being victims of women who tries to gain control and who are the real ABUSER!
December 14, 2009
Someone from Punta Gorda, FL signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Amesbury, MA signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Kissimmee, FL signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Brooklyn, NY writes:
I also witnessed one of the most shocking and horrific outcomes of a false DV claim. My brother, in Seattle, WA, lost his two children to his Israeli wife after she filed false claims. Of course, her whole point was to leave the US and move back to Israel. She got what she wanted and my poor brother is left with nothing. The crazy part about it all is that he was the victim - she abused him. Truly sad and outrageous.
Someone from Bardstown, KY signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Everett, WA writes:
My closest, dearest friend is currently dealing with false dv allegations. He has been a full time single father and sole provider for his two children for 6 years.The mother has only been involved sporatically and when she deems convenient to her. He recently allowed the childrens' mother to move into an extra bedroom in his basement. She does not want to work, and got evicted from her apartment for the second time. Her family refused to help her any further. He didn't want to have to explain to his boys why their mother was living on the streets, so he allowed her to move in temporarily. Even when living in the house, and not working, she still was "too busy" to be a mother to her children. Out of no where she calls the cops to the house and accuses him of assaulting her. Right after telling him to "not plan on having his children for the holidays". Putting him in jail, and facing assault - dv charges. And then telling her family, associates & even me that he didn't touch her. Even what she stated to the officers and what she wrote on the statement are completely contradicting. Now he can't see his young kids for christmas. Can't return to HIS house. And she just filed petition for full custody and a 1 year restraining order against him (which includes the kids). we came to find out it was all because she got a new boyfriend and after a month wanted to move in with him. He was reluctant to allow her. She is posing as a "victim" so she can get his sympathy and has decided to rip kids from father to start this new little family with her boyfriend. Now that everyone isn't believing her (except the police and prosecutor anyways).. he is still facing charges, as it is him against the state, and the prosecutor wont allow her to retract her statement, or terminate the nco or retraining orders. He has at least 30 people to testify on his behalf, including HER family. But they are not allowing it. He told me this morning that he feels like he's "dying inside" with hopelessness over losing his boys, that are his whole life. Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?! Sadly, the ones that are being ultimately hurt by all of this are the two children.
7 years ago
Someone from Crystal City, MO signed.
7 years ago
Someone from La Mesa, CA writes:
I am recently was alleged with domestic violence, preplanned by my wife and her relatives so she can get full custody of the child. I am the victim. I know how it feels. It is the reason I am spilling out my emotions. I think courts during these allegations should use any tool to reveal the truth. One of them is to use lie detect test (polygraph examinations). Both accuser and defender should take the test and possible witness too. It will give better odds regarding the truth. In addition strict punishment must be enforced against false testimonies.
7 years ago
Someone from Frankfort, KY signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Burnsville, MN signed.
Someone from Petersburg, VA signed.
Someone from Bethlehem, PA writes:
stop the injustice already
December 23, 2009
Someone from Longview, TX writes:
This is the true crime.
December 28, 2009
Someone from Lebanon, MO writes:
I am under felony charges for domestic assault under false accusations by a vicious, older man using, hard drug user, and judical system using female in the middle of a custody battle.
December 28, 2009
Someone from Baltimore, MD writes:
NJ judicial system is broken and corrupt,abuse of civil rights must be stopped immediatelly.
January 6, 2010
Someone from Gaithersburg, MD signed.
January 6, 2010
Someone from Ocoee, FL writes:
More needs to be done to prevent abuse of the legal system for reasons of revenge and custody leverage. Those who make multiple allegations that are not founded should be prosecuted.
January 7, 2010
Someone from Everett, WA writes:
I am recently was alleged with physical abuse, pre-planned by my wife and her attorney so she can get full custody of the child of my two children and to gain possession of my home. My children and me are victims and my ex-wife venom and she has viciously broken the close bonds I had with my two children who I love and life for. With nothing more than a few lies and no evidence she has stolen my children from me and the home I've worked for over 18 years. This is true injustice where loving parents rights are trashed and their children and they suffer the injustices the rest of their lives. I love my son and daughter more than anything on earth and I'm dying inside watching the legal system rob innocent men like me and basing their judgments the lies of manipulative, cruel, vengeful woman. The burden of proof should be on the accuser not the victim who has done no wrong. Strict punishment must be enforced against false testimonies and perjury. The worst feature of the restraining order law is that it allows a person to go to court and get an order, without the other person present. That means that any lie will do, since no one is there to rebut it. As a consequence, without any input in the matter, a person can lose their children, their home, their money, their guns, and their freedom. This is crueler tyranny than any civilized land has ever tolerated, and approximates the tactics of one Vladimir Ulyanov, aka Lenin, during the Bolshevik Revolution. Upon issuance, the police serve the order, boot the poor sap out of his house with barely a shirt on his back, pry his weeping children from his legs, steal his guns, and take him to jail if he isn't terribly pleased to do as he is told. What more can be said? Any liar can get an order by merely asserting fear.
January 7, 2010
Someone from Kennewick, WA signed.
January 11, 2010
Someone from Califon, NJ signed.
January 13, 2010
Someone from Mokena, IL writes:
My husbands ex-spouse falsely accused him of domestic violence, had no witnesses, no medical report and accused him of rape and domestic violence! He is a great physician who spends his days helping his patients. Now she wants to ruin his career, the one aspect of his life he's worked so dilligently for. We need to set rules and outline what is needed to be proven for domestic violence convictions! No evidence? No medical reports? No witnesses? No previous criminal background? NO CONVICTION!!!!
Someone from Annapolis, MD signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Bronx, NY signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Beverly Hills, FL signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Seattle, WA signed.
January 27, 2010
Someone from Colfax, WI signed.