July 11, 2015
Someone from Nanuet, NY signed.
July 13, 2015
Someone from Denver, CO writes:
Child support should leave the father with a liveable wage and if men want equal time with their children, they should be allowed to have it.
July 13, 2015
Someone from Grafton, OH writes:
Truly are system is broken , but why does the government care when all they do is take there cut . and punish good fathers while are court system does nothing but strip fathers rights away. But please don't forget to pay.Are Politicians should really look at this now , not later is has gone on way to long like this . Does anyone have integrity or just greed on there minds.
July 14, 2015
Someone from Geneva, IL signed.
July 14, 2015
Someone from Miami, FL writes:
I'm starting to go through this and just realized its like men are being punished. She has no job, I finished college. I worked hard to finish school..she always quit. But we should each pay half...She will use my wages like they are a job.
July 14, 2015
Someone from West Chester, OH signed.
July 14, 2015
Someone from West Chester, OH signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Tempe, AZ signed.
Someone from Gaston, SC writes:
There is no justice in the "judicial" system for good fathers paying support. If you are pro se in a SC family court no reasonable court decisions are made regarding the father. You will be ordered to pay beyond your financial means with the fear of jail time always looming over.
1 year ago
Someone from Schaumburg, IL signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Oakley, CA signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Cleveland, OH signed.
Someone from Spiceland, IN writes:
Sadly, the corruption for us is with the "custodial" parent. She is self employed (hid assets and claimed she only made 12,000/year after leaving a 70,000 salary from her previous job) and is refusing to show her tax record so we can determine if a modification could be made. yes, we could hire a lawyer... But we can't afford to pay for one!! She tries to turn the kids against my husband in fear of having them want to spend more time with him. The courts in our small town are as corrupt as they get...so there is no hope. We have custody fairly close to 50% of the time and yet we still pay enough child support to pay her mortgage and car payment. My husband has become depressed over the situation- for 5 years they shared custody and no support was paid and then she decided to wanted support once she chose to start her own company. corruption goes BOTH ways! Every blames the NCP, but in our case the CP is doing severe emotion damage to the kids by interfering in their relationship with an AMAZING father, and by hurting out family financially for her own greed! BTW- my husband was NEVER late on any payment obligations when they split everything 50-50. School payments, babysitter fees, food and clothes for our house, sporting events... He always paid immediately upon notification. He is a GREAT guy who sadly got involved with a dishonest person.
1 year ago
Someone from Saint Petersburg, FL signed.
Someone from Inglewood, CA writes:
Why should a man have to still pay child support after he finds out years later that he's not the father? And why do we have statues of limitations on how soon a father has to do a dna test, people with false rapes, murders,etc have all used dna evidence to prove their innocence, why cant we have same laws regarding child support, some men have had to pay even after years they found they weren't the biological father, and the child's biological father actually lives in the home with the said child, and the mother knew all along that he wasn't the father but used him to get revenge or simply just had an affair and got pregnant, why should a man have to pay for her infedility.
Someone from Montgomery, WV writes:
No support without pre-arranged visitation/custody, and mothers who take children away from fathers and then list the father as an "absent parent" to receive an increase in government assistance needs to stop. I'm behind on child support and I haven't seen my son in 6 years. The very state that orders me to pay child support did absolutely nothing when his mother took him across the country. I don't know if I'll ever see him again.
1 year ago
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Corpus Christi, TX signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Raleigh, NC signed.
July 23, 2015
Someone from Chicago, IL signed.
July 24, 2015
Someone from Cleveland, TN writes:
The current system is legal extortion and is unconstitutional. When the receiver has to show accountability for each dollar spent the fat lady will sing loudly. There is a fine line between CS and alimony.if she can't afford to keep the baby with her money let the baby stay with the one that willing and able.Jailing a dad or a mom and suspending a parents drivers license is absolutely idiotic. How does it help the child?? How do u pay for support behind bars and especially after loosing your job for being locked up???? What it does is turn good men into bad people. When 2 people are together it does not cost a third of the amounts that fly in court.especially after she remarries or has a live in. It is idiotic to believe that a woman's new husband would help her finiacially and not benefit the child as well.how is it right for a man to get on his feet and the receiver then turns and asks for a raise? It needs to be thrown out and started over by people that have common sense. There are CS related suicide numbers of men that have given up and couldn't take the unfairness of the system. CS spawns drug dealers as well. How else are some gonna such outrageous payments ?? Either way the end result one way or the other is jail.
July 24, 2015
Someone from Bayville, NJ signed.
July 24, 2015
Someone from Bayville, NJ writes:
This is probably a lost cause.I know.I worked for government for 11 years so I know how the bs goes.thats why I left.I gave my all but higher ups are in there own world.this cs needs to be looked aton women taking aadvantage of the system.I battled cancer working three jobs to support my son and wife.no she files divorce to sleep with my bf and im out on street.plus I have my son 60% he cries when he has to leave me.this whole system is one way.im done with this country and system.its a****ing joke.Iim a great father hard worker and honest.if things dont change soon im going to be at my end.the whole court system is a lie.she lied I got the shaft.wtf????? **** this congress.
July 25, 2015
Someone from Brooksville, FL signed.
July 26, 2015
Someone from Bridgeton, NJ writes:
Hi! Iam a father of two wonderful children, a son and a daughter" now my son gets 70$ a week and my daughter get 50$ a week. This money doesnt go to my children. My daughter mom puts gas in her car abd gets her nails done and toes done with my childsurrport money. My daughter never haves anything new on her feet or body pretty much hand me downs. And I hate it its like iam working hard for my daughters mom instead of the child. And she also gets over on the state because she still collect s foid stamps. And doesnt get cash no more because she doesn't want welfare to take my money from from.her because of her living off welfare. Also my sons mother is a pot head and pretty much smokes my childsurrport money everyweek this is not right so the drug testing should be a must and if tgey fail childsurrport Obligation should be at fathers Discretion, and they need to stop with the Suspensions of driver license its alot of job Opportunities for men with licence, and I think you must have a Consistently childsurrport payments for 90 days for your driving suspension to be lifted, and if you dont pay for a 90 day period tgey will get suspended again. I beleive my idea is great plz respond to the good fathers concern thank you for reading. God bless America
July 26, 2015
Someone from Waterford, CA signed.
Someone from Bakersfield, CA signed.
July 30, 2015
Someone from Ocala, FL signed.
July 30, 2015
Someone from Derby, KS signed.
Someone from Central Square, NY signed.
July 31, 2015
Someone from Aurora, IL signed.
Someone from Oakland, CA signed.
August 1, 2015
Someone from Ludlow Falls, OH signed.
August 1, 2015
Someone from Charlotte, NC writes:
True reform should be shared custody unless proven one parent is not fit. The federal government is matching state collection is making child support collection a conflict of interest for the state administrators.
August 1, 2015
Someone from Charlotte, NC writes:
August 2, 2015
Someone from Nashville, TN writes:
This need's to stop the whole system is aginst black father's at a high rate
August 5, 2015
Someone from New York, NY signed.
August 6, 2015
Someone from Butler, PA writes:
AND! If your kids parent is a waiter/waitress that doesnt claim tips. That shouldnt be fair to the other parent when wages are based on how much to pay for support. My ex makes tips and works for cash and somehow that doesnt matter in the child support office. ITS BS!
August 6, 2015
Someone from Brooklyn, NY writes:
The system needs to be reformed to induce and encourage family unity. No two cases are the exact same and should be treated that way. I propose legislation that will remove "Jail" sentencing as it interferes and defeats the purpose of emotional and financial support for the child(ren). Child support should ONLY apply to 1) Recipients who are clearly below the income poverty line. Then once their income improves they are no longer eligible. 2) Those who willfully refuse to care for their own. 3) Those who put their child(ren) life/general welfare in danger. Just because a mother says "his financial and emotional assistance isn't enough, isn't enough for the courts to mandate a set payment for her. If you both work and they is giving the other financial assistance without a court order and retains proof of receipts...then child support should NOT be awarded/mandated as they are within their means taking care of the child(ren) and does not need to be made to pay child support.
August 6, 2015
Someone from Clermont, FL writes:
I completely agree that child support is biased to the mother. There are tons of good father's that are manipulated by women using child support. I want to see child support be used for the child and it not considered as a source of income by the mother.