February 10, 2015
Someone from Springfield, IL signed.
February 10, 2015
Someone from Lincoln, IL signed.
February 10, 2015
Someone from Lincoln, IL signed.
February 10, 2015
Someone from Wicker Park, IL signed.
February 11, 2015
Someone from Upper Darby, PA signed.
February 11, 2015
Someone from Ottawa, IL signed.
February 11, 2015
Someone from Princeton, IL signed.
February 11, 2015
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Please let me know how I can further assist. I, along with hoards of other great dads have been victimized by this unjust system.
February 11, 2015
Someone from Ottawa, IL signed.
February 11, 2015
Someone from Ottawa, IL signed.
February 11, 2015
Someone from Marseilles, IL signed.
February 11, 2015
Someone from Marseilles, IL writes:
I am a single dad and work full time and have never once received child support from my sons dead beat mom
Someone from Stoneville, NC signed.
February 13, 2015
Someone from Kahului, HI writes:
The suspending of drivers licenses needs to be abolished also as it just adds to the arrears as you cannot get a good job without one
February 14, 2015
Someone from Camilla, GA writes:
I just found out my license has been suspended since December. I commute 100 miles round trip to work. God forbid I would have got pulled over. More money out of my other children's hands whoq live with me. Plus I have to pay to reinstate them. My daughter's mother has only worked 4 years my daughter's entire 16 year life; she "had" to get a job when mine closed in 2011.
Someone from Sapulpa, OK writes:
Its good to see so many people commenting on this, lets keep it going, lets stand up to the government and say NO! we (good fathers) and not stand aside and let our lives be ruined any longer, we love our children, and we can let the unconstitutional child support laws destroy us, it only hurts the children that's proven.
February 17, 2015
Someone from Sacramento, CA writes:
I also think stepparent's income and involvement with the children should be considered when calculating a child support payment. If you commit to a person with children then you are also committing to those children. I wake up in anger every single day because I pay $1600 a month to a married couple that are raising my children without me. I make 70k a year, but my quality of life is hindered by anger (paying too much money, and never seeing my children) and by worry (I have to pay taxes on the money that married couple legally steals from me. I'm getting into tax debt now).
February 18, 2015
Someone from East Moline, IL writes:
I was a good husband and am told all the time that i am a great father (though i wish i could always be better) butafter having an affair then told me she wanted a divorce my wife basically up and took the kids, moved in with her new man, takes my money and demands more all the time. i feel like i was abandoned. though i have support from friends and family i feel abandoned by the state of Illinois too as there is no looking at this case for what happened (unless i pay up the wazoo in court, lawyers and legal fees with only a 1% chance of winning any way becuase i am the dad) only 2 questions are asked...who is the non-custodial "parent" (when in these situations being a parent is a loose term) & how much is YOUR income. I know fairness is in the eye of the beholder as this all sound fair to the ex but i do want to see more fairness in this process if not for me but for those that come after me.
February 19, 2015
Someone from Columbus, OH signed.
February 19, 2015
Someone from San Jose, CA signed.
February 19, 2015
Someone from Altamonte Springs, FL writes:
I haven't started to pay yet due to delay on the system, but the structure is completely unfair and needs to be overhaul.
Someone from Staten Island, NY writes:
'I used you for a kid. I don't want anything to do with you and I'll see you in court.'. This is from a middle aged woman taking fertility drugs who sexually assaulted me when I was passed out. Have it all admitted too on tape, does state of NY care? No. Injustice.
2 years ago
Someone from Brooklyn, NY writes:
I am a father of 3 children my two sons are with another woman which I pay $297 a week and for my daughter I pay another 540 dollars a week I only make 1480 hours a week and that together and look when I come home with how my supposed to survive I do she my case I spend time with them they stay with me I'm close clothing and accessories on top of the child support please tell me how I supposed to survive this is unfair to the workers father
2 years ago
Someone from Joliet, IL signed.
2 years ago
Someone from Lorton, VA writes:
I am currently in the middle of a case where I have already had to pay for her lawyer(which cost more than mine), lost custody because I can't prove she is unfit, and I'm being threatened to pay an absurd amount that would cause me to bankrupt and not be able to pay it at all, which in turn would get me in trouble with the law! It shouldn't be innocent until proven guilty for just the mothers but both parties and whoever is in a better position should get custody. The fact that she gets to keep them unless proven unfit is nonsense and unfair. How about you prove us fathers unfit!
2 years ago
Someone from San Antonio, TX writes:
The persecution of decent law abiding fathers who scraping by has to stop. Enough is enough. How is it fair that the people who have my son make more than me and do not allow me to see him have such finacial power with the state of texas as thier back up. Threatened with jail probation taking money from bank accounts without my knowing untill after the fact! 1500 dollars taken just like that. Never mind if that could have been my rent or car payment while the people who recieve my hard earned and scarce money are living comfortably. This is an outragous injustice whose time has come for reform. We are thousand if not tens of thousands of law abiding men who are being taken advantage of! It has to change!
2 years ago
Someone from Orlando, FL writes:
My continued cases w/out representation. I'm going-in tomorrow to my "audio hearing" at the American Legion here in Orlando. No doubt have to put-up w/those rude NY court officers and then the female magistrate & female state representative on her side. It sometimes seems so futile unless you can afford an atty. Unbelievably this whole thing began with my being nice and generous to those dishonest custodial parents. If you're nice to people, you just became a vulnerable target. I'm a veteran w/ a clean bckgrnd, just declared disabled by a fed admin judge and this tyrranical enforcement unit system has chopped-off 60% of monthly benefits w/out me even receiving one red cent. They are worst than the mob & IRS. So, I'm again unable to afford a room, much less an apt. Out to find another shelter. I'm so ashamed of this country.
2 years ago
Someone from Granite Bay, CA signed.
February 28, 2015
Someone from Harbor City, CA writes:
I have 50-50 joint and physical custody. I pay for all my child's insurance, medical expenses, and daycare. On top of that i am ordered to pay child support. Tell me where the 50-50 is? I work hard and make all contributions toward my child. While my daughter's mom gets to play. I shouldn't be punishied and have my resources taken because I am more successful in my career and the other parent chooses to live the lifestyle they choose. Each parent should make equal contributions to the child. And that certainly is not the case in CA family law.
March 1, 2015
Someone from Nashville, TN signed.
March 2, 2015
Someone from West Palm Beach, FL writes:
Why does the court system make it so easy for people to use child support as a source of revenge. It is completely unfair how they automatically take sides without even really caring about the truth. I have been with my boyfriend for two years now, and he has a son that he would stop the whole world for. Even when he separated from the mother of the child, he still continued to go above and beyond for his son as he should. Everything was going just fine until the mother of the child found out about me (the girlfriend). And now my boyfriend is forced to pay child support plus back pay, for a child that he has taken care of since birth. Its not right that the harder he works, the more they take. We struggle each month to pay our bills, while she sits back and collects free money. His son is still often with us, so we still end up spending more money. My boyfriend even claims his son every year on his taxes because, This woman has not worked since the child was born! But yet this means nothing to the court system. Something needs to be done about this. This is a huge issue that is ruining lives but nobody seems to care unless it happens to them.
March 2, 2015
Someone from York, PA signed.
March 3, 2015
Someone from Chicago, IL writes:
My wife filed divorce 3 months later after getting her green card and hlosing 6 months kid to ask for child support. current law makes this kind of woman manipulating child as weapon and it should be changed.
March 3, 2015
Someone from Citrus Heights, CA signed.
Someone from Newark, DE writes:
I agree 100 % with every one of these statements. Especially the employment part. Stop getting pregnant and living off of other's mistakes. Get up and work like the rest of us. The only part I have a mild disagreement with is the obligation itself. I still stand by the fact that we as women are the givers of life. As such, we are responsible for said life. It takes two to make a child, but only one to have or keep said child. I feel there should be a more equal agreement in order. How about this? If the mother decides to keep the child(abortion, adoption, whatever she chooses) Like the father has until the end of the first trimester to decide and sign a permanent written binding contract of whether or not they want to be a father to said child. If he says no, he forfeits all parental rights and subsequently, obligations to them and the mother. If he says yes, then he is obligated for the next 18 years, no take backs. Later if the father changes his mind he can file a petition to regain his rights to the child if he has a change of heart, but that's about it. You can decide to be a father when you feel you're ready, but if you sign it, that's it. No going back. Do that, and the number of underage, unwed, and otherwise non-self sufficient women having children would plummet. Women would be much more careful about it once they didn't have the guaranteed safety/revenge net to throw at the father.
March 4, 2015
Someone from Santa Fe, NM signed.
March 5, 2015
Someone from Saint Louis, MO signed.
March 5, 2015
Someone from Kansas City, MO signed.
March 5, 2015
Someone from Kansas City, MO writes:
I agree 100 percent with this article my sons are going through the same thing women have all the rights men have none it's not fair
March 7, 2015
Someone from Norfolk, NE signed.