2 years ago
Someone from Cavalier, ND signed.
Someone from Pembina, ND writes:
I completely agree. Something needs to be done asap.
Someone from Union City, GA writes:
I totally agree that child support services are biased towards noncostudial parents . Here in Atlanta, we have and Intiative called NAPI (Noncustodial Parent Advocacy Initiative) in movement now. We would love to partner with you guys on coming up with some strategies on legislative and publicawareness .
2 years ago
Someone from Chicago, IL signed.
Someone from Chicago, IL signed.
2 years ago
Someone from Titusville, FL signed.
Someone from Olive Branch, MS writes:
I am a father of a 12 year old daughter. I always pay my support. I am the one who petitioned for the payments to come directly from my check . Before it was coming out of my check I paid her directly with cash and always got a hand written receipt for each payment. After the support was changed to involve dhs and the state, I received a letter saying I was delinquent on payments and my license would be revoked. So I proceeded directly to dhs with all receipts from before the state got involved. They stated in the letter I was over 1200$ behind. But the receipts I have account for 2300$ I paid her directly. But because it didnt go through the state and she completely denies that i paid I have to pay back pay. The sad part is I know this money isn't being used to benefit my daughter in any way. Her mother refuses to work. And lives off the support I give and she gets for her son whom is fathered by a different individual. I also know she uses thos money to fund her drug habits. I have no problem paying my support . But we desperately need laws to insure that the money revived by the supported parent is used fro the child and anything the child needs to have a productive life and the ability to have all there needs met. I wouldn't even mind paying all this back pay (that I have already paid).just if I knew the money went to my daughter's needs. Not the mothers. Please help me and every other hard working dedicated parents out there who just want a fair deal and the well being of there child to be put before the needs of the parent . All we need is a law that insures our children actually get there support.
Someone from Brooklyn, NY writes:
Both parents income should be taken into consideration. Good fathers should not be punished because of deadbeats. Having a percentage set is not the correct way to do it. Let's look at each individual case differently since all cases are not the same
Someone from Burlington, NC writes:
I will signed this petition over & over again if i was allowed. I had been treated like a criminal by the Department of Child Support & the courts. The worst feeling in the world is looking at a judge looking at you with a i don't care what you have to say face. My ex wife had not work since we divorced 10 years ago & had been able to re marry & have more kids while i still struggle to have a normal life cause everytime i get a better paying job she takes me back to court. Every three years to be exact. I lived out of state so my kids spend the summer with me every year & my own expense. Courts count that as gratuity. My bills & cost of living is not counted in to the support. We need a reform as soon as possible. The sad thing about all of this the money is not spent on our kids.
Someone from Saint Augustine, FL writes:
The current child support system needs an update, and I believe in an itemized allocation of funds. The money should go onto a prepaid card, like food stamps, and only be allowed for child related expenses. Any money that is spent should be reported to the father or payer in summery every month. Also I think it would be a good idea to put a small percentage of the money towards a college fund automatically every month. If this really is about the children, that would be good way to jump start their lives! We have the technology to do this.
2 years ago
Someone from Warren, MN signed.
October 26, 2014
Someone from Hollywood, FL writes:
I am a single mother of a 15 yo son. Divorced his father 14 years ago and went to court to deviate BENEATH the guidelines, even though I had custody of my child the vast majority of the time. I do not expect a man to pay my way, or my child's way. MY SON IS MY RESPONSIBILITY 24/7. I am disgusted by the vast majority of women's behavior in these circumstances. I have so many male friends who try to be good fathers yet they get screwed by vengeful, nasty, immature, "I am the victim" women. Even if the women cheated on them or worse (addicted to pills ring any bells?)! There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with this system. Men who try to be good dads are being taken advantage of, and the courts are all too accommodating to women and constantly being lied to. So many women expect to live off the man they were once married to for the rest of their lives, setting a terrible example for their children. Where is the accountability, ladies? I did not choose that behavior and I think women who do should be punished for it (by more than just karma). The children should come first, not some ******** feminist revenge that the courts are clearly enabling. I think nowadays, it is men who try to step up and women who fall short, far more often than anyone cares to talk about. I see it everyday. It's disturbing beyond belief. We are in desperate need of new guidelines and laws that protect the integrity of both parents equally. And women should realize it is their responsibility to support themselves AND their children while the children are in their home, especially in cases of joint custody.
October 27, 2014
Someone from Boca Raton, FL signed.
October 31, 2014
Someone from Bronx, NY signed.
November 1, 2014
Someone from Newport News, VA writes:
November 8, 2014
Someone from El Cajon, CA writes:
November 8, 2014
Someone from Osawatomie, KS signed.
November 8, 2014
Someone from Grand Rapids, MI signed.
November 10, 2014
Someone from Albuquerque, NM signed.
November 10, 2014
Someone from York, PA signed.
Someone from Flint, MI writes:
Child support should be extremely equal for both parties. We want change now!
2 years ago
Someone from Flint, MI signed.
November 24, 2014
Someone from Milwaukee, WI signed.
November 24, 2014
Someone from Chandler, AZ signed.
November 26, 2014
Someone from Federal Way, WA signed.
December 3, 2014
Someone from New Orleans, LA writes:
Change is a necessity. I can honestly say I've felt like I've been on a leash since my daughter was born. Her mother can place me on child support at any time even though I'm there physically and financially. Not only do the current laws violate our constitutional rights but places a never ending fear of being jailed upon good fathers.
December 3, 2014
Someone from Milan, TN writes:
I have my 3 kids a little more than half of the time, and I have them every weekend. Their mother makes nearly 50 grand a year and lives in a tiny duplex. I'm paying $800 per month and she never spends anything on the kids. I'm the one buying school clothes, paying for music lessons, dance lessons, taekwondo lessons, etc. I have no idea where the money goes. She always tells them she doesn't have any money. It's totally messed up. Something needs to change.
December 4, 2014
Someone from Memphis, TN writes:
I know several woman, my mother being one, that get child support and use the money for everything but that purpose. Women should be held responsible just as the fathers are
December 5, 2014
Someone from Prescott Valley, AZ signed.
December 5, 2014
Someone from Deridder, LA writes:
Is it considered fraud when a mother refuses to report collecting support for a child when that child now lives with me ? I have to support this child twice meanwhile paying support for 2 more and trying to provide for my family now. I tried to get help but they won't help unless I pay. How can I pay when I don't have it to pay with. I work 13 hrs a day and yet still struggling. Living in the ghetto in a low income housing project just to have a roof. And yet still can't survive. What do I do ?
December 12, 2014
Someone from Dallas, TX signed.
December 12, 2014
Someone from Westfield, MA writes:
I need so much help
Someone from Rock, MI writes:
I have 50/50 custody of my daughter. I recently graduated with my masters and had to get a job 90 mins away. I can commute by the way? The court thought it would be best to change custody and give mom more support. The only reason the mother took me to court was for more money! I guess i would have been better off being a deadbeat and not trying to better myself. The system is flawed.
2 years ago
Someone from Rohnert Park, CA signed.
Someone from Sapulpa, OK writes:
About to go back to court Feb 11th, not looking forward to it, times are hard and work is slow right now with no over time I'm scraping by, I ask the a lady at court if they figure in my bills, she laughed and said no, I didn't find it funny.
2 years ago
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Someone from Orlando, FL writes:
Making a long story short......forced into debt, near homelessness, Army Vet w/ clean background, unemployed, have physical and now, mental issues, possibly suicidal or on the verge of snapping any day. Under treatment. Thanks to Child Support Enforcement ruining my life.
Someone from Bronx, NY writes:
There definitely needs to be reform around the issue of child support. The system as it stands is totally punitive against fathers.
Someone from North Bend, OR writes:
The child support program is a good concept in theory but in practice it is flawed in a way that it mimics mafia style threats to collect even on good parents who are doing everything in their power to provide for their children. Child support criminalizes the debtor for doing what they can for their children.
Someone from Orlando, FL writes:
Writing to every senator within jurisdiction as Child Support sharpening their claws to dig into my long awaited SSI award. When will they reform or revise these one sided laws ? We are not all deadbeats! These laws, the rep for custodial parents and these judges have total disregard for law abiding, poverty stricken fathers even an Army Vet w/ good record and clean background. I'm looking at chronic homelessness come April 2015. Child Support could care less.