January 11, 2016
Someone from New York, NY signed.
January 11, 2016
Someone from New York, NY signed.
January 11, 2016
Someone from West Palm Beach, FL signed.
January 11, 2016
Someone from Alexander City, AL writes:
I am Howard Whetstone, and I've been on child support since I was 16 years old. I did a lot for my kids, including taking them in while on child support and still provided everything that was needed without any support from their mother. When I was paying child support, I was still locked up after the fact for years. I've tried to be a good father and I always sought stability in my life to raise a family. I haven't been in the system for years, because my license have been suspended for awhile now, and I've tried everything in my power to stay strong and live life the way it's intended for me to live. I feel as though my pursuit of happiness has been taken from me for years and it bothers me because I still want a family and be the providef that I always wanted to be. Nothing is more precious than a family to me, and it has always been in my heart to help others and do the right thing in life, despite of my current situation. I always Pray and seek ways to better my life to rise above this all. I even witness people that have everything going in life, and still isn't as happy as I am, which lead me to think what would happen if they were in my shoes. I've had a rough life trying to survive, as well as help those in need, without me having anyone to help or talk to. I am a very strong spiritual individual, and I've been this way for quite awhile now. I play the lottery praying that ican catch a break to pay everything off and move on with my life because it bothers to live this way because I always wanted my own business and be a great man to a strong woman and our family. I Pray that one day everything changes so that I can live the life that I've always wanted. I never saw it in the constitution where we were obligated to pay child support or taxes for that matter. I've done a lot of research and I have a lot of wisdom based off laws and other important infornation. I am in need of help to help others because it has always been my passion. I feel like this incident is another chapter of my story up in my journey to share. I can oonly keep my head up and stay strong, because I'm aware of many people that have taken their lives due to my circumstances that we share or shared similarly. I intend for this matter to be resolved, to,have the dream life that I always pursued.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Canton, IL signed.
January 13, 2016
Someone from Fort Mill, SC signed.
January 13, 2016
Someone from Cleveland, OH writes:
I would like to get my license back so I can work and make payments
January 13, 2016
Someone from Corpus Christi, TX writes:
How is anyone other than myself supposed to catch up on child support if their license is suspended due to work finishing (oilfield employee) even if it's just for 6 months at a time that law does not make anything better especially for the children that don't get support due to that law, if just doesn't make any sense children aren't only suffering due to the parent not working, but the state is making them suffer even more with this law just doesn't make sense.
Someone from Webster, FL writes:
I was given custody of my children. My ex was ordered to pay child support. I think if they can't pay they should be able to sign over custody rights. Suspending their license isn't helpful, my ex couldn't pay. My husband now adopted my children relieving my ex of his burden he couldn't bare and we forgave back child support.
January 13, 2016
Someone from Medford, OR signed.
January 13, 2016
Someone from Pomona, CA writes:
simply not fair when the parent is unemployed and falls behind on child support and license is suspend when they are not able to pay how are they suppose to pay if they cant get a job due to a suspended license it make it so much harder to find employment..
January 13, 2016
Someone from Lake Zurich, IL signed.
January 14, 2016
Someone from Englewood, CO signed.
January 14, 2016
Someone from New York, NY writes:
I am need my license in texas .
January 14, 2016
Someone from Colp, IL signed.
January 14, 2016
Someone from South Elgin, IL signed.
January 14, 2016
Someone from Fort Lauderdale, FL writes:
They say they care about the kids their full of it.they punish the kids more than anybody else.talk Is cheap. it's all about keeping a lot of good hard working men down.all about that mighty dollar.
January 14, 2016
Someone from Fort Lauderdale, FL writes:
January 14, 2016
Someone from Palm Bay, FL writes:
My fiance has been out of work for months and has had to pass up job after job because he doesn't have his drivers license. His daughters are adults! This is a stupid law. What sense does it make to take away the one thing that enables a person to earn money??? Seriously, Doctors licenses? Teaching licenses? I guess the doctors are supposed to work at McDonald's at $8 an hour for years until they can afford to get their license back?
January 14, 2016
Someone from Palm Bay, FL signed.
January 14, 2016
Someone from Roy, WA signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from West Palm Beach, FL signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Chicago, IL signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Ridgeland, MS writes:
My name is Homer Mcneal and I recently graduated college with a B.S. In Criminal Justice. I recently found out that I was on child support and I am in such because I wasn't aware and the mother of the child filed for back child support. I finally get in position to get a job in the field I'm interested in and qualified in and I find out not only am I behind but my license is suspended and I really want to know what I am supposed to do about this situation.
Someone from Liberty, SC signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Wyoming, IL signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Seaside, CA writes:
Ive always been able to look for jobs by going to the destinations without a problem to get an interview but get pulled over and ticket and towed because of my license being suspended while I look for work while trying to apply for disability because Im experiencing joint problems after a job accident that in the end my job placement oh yeah and Im 47 yrs of age. So Ive been off work because od injury and no income and now no drivers license to pay my bills and support my 17 yrs old daughter. Because of my license situation its looking like Im not a responsible employee but I must push on and my Son is a father now which makes me A GRANDFATHER WITHOUT INCOME AND NO LICENSE. JUST HAD A CLEAN RECORD NOW AT49 I have a ticket for suspended drivers LICENSE. How is this a perfect record from age 16-49 now I have this on my record so now what..
January 15, 2016
Someone from Tampa, FL signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Anthony, FL signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Oviedo, FL signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Falkville, AL writes:
I have to have my liscense to work
1 year ago
Someone from Phoenix, AZ signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Saint Helens, OR writes:
I think that they should at least allow hardship lic , its only fair ? This isnt really helping any $ to flow in my opinion lots of people can not work at all , so how can they get any place , they only go down ? Whats so hard to get about this, stripping of the lic is good enough give them the means to work at least ?
1 year ago
Someone from Cleveland, OH writes:
This is blackmail! It should be illegal and the courts have no place being involved! 550.00 a month on 9 bucks a hour is non realistic!
1 year ago
Someone from Vancouver, WA signed.
1 year ago
Someone from South Elgin, IL writes:
i was working and paying child support then a friend that was a cop told me my licence was suspended so i call the child support people and they said i wasn't paying my child support i told them that they had been taking child support out since i've been working, they check on it and reinstated my licence, then i lost my job they suspended my licence like a week i lost my job and didn't send me anything in the mail to let me know, and then i got pulled over for it and don't know it was suspended.
1 year ago
Someone from Lynn, MA signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Burns, TN writes:
How can you pay child support if you can not have a license to get you to and from work. It makes no sense.
1 year ago
Someone from Palm Bay, FL signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Dorchester, MA writes:
I haven't had my license for years, I know it's my fault for non-payment.