January 5, 2016
Someone from Ellensburg, WA writes:
i have had the chance at some very good jobs that required a license and because of owing back support i was denied the job because of no license each place told me i would of gotten the job if i had a license...they need to quit power tripping or lose theres and see how it feels
January 5, 2016
Someone from Spring Hill, FL writes:
They are trying to suspend mine when payments are faithfully paid bi weekly for the last 4 years... lose licence i lose my job... that simple. Make me a criminal, due to their abusive power! I pay what the judge orderd nothing more.
January 5, 2016
Someone from Oklahoma City, OK signed.
January 6, 2016
Someone from Newhall, CA signed.
January 6, 2016
Someone from Bakersfield, CA signed.
January 6, 2016
Someone from Salem, OR writes:
Our government is going to******!!!!
January 6, 2016
Someone from Sanford, FL writes:
Iam a personal driver, but haven't been able to work because my license got suspended for child support of a child i didn't know i have ,i paid money to stop the first suspension ,but once again they got suspended again, ,no license, no work, please stop license suspension
January 6, 2016
Someone from Cincinnati, OH signed.
January 6, 2016
Someone from Columbus, GA signed.
January 7, 2016
Someone from Odessa, TX signed.
January 7, 2016
Someone from Augusta, ME signed.
January 7, 2016
Someone from Chino, CA writes:
Allowing the State to remove a persons Driver's License for past due support is unconstitutional. How can a promissory note have value, but the efforts of an individual not abusing the welfare system do not?
January 7, 2016
Someone from Denver, CO writes:
My driver's license should only mean that I am capable of driving. As a bonus, it could be used to demonstrate age.
January 7, 2016
Someone from Bridgewater, MA signed.
January 7, 2016
Someone from Peoria, IL writes:
I had lower back pain for years and couldn't work due to pain and i felt behind on my child support payments,. Now im getting treated like a criminal by suspending my license and was taken to jail then denied my passport. I have my CDL and i depend on my Driver license..
January 7, 2016
Someone from Holyoke, MA writes:
Please Help make a Big impact on the One's that want to be able to Grow and be professional I need a chance to do Right & be license.. Thanks
January 8, 2016
Someone from Brandon, FL signed.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Country Club Hills, IL signed.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Holyoke, MA signed.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Oakland, TN signed.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Chicago, IL signed.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Myrtle Beach, SC writes:
This is the most inept and corrupt thing you can do to enforce a child support order...It is counter productive to take away the very thing that can keep someone gainfully employed!! There are people who owe thousands in back support while waiting for a disability hearing...There are people who owe thousands for getting hurt on the job or are laid of of work due to economic reasons...There are already harsher penalties for being delinquent..Like INCARCERATION!!! there are plenty of ways the government can collect...But to take someones livelihood away creates a slippery slope that most cannot recover from! I beg you to look at another alternative...You have the power...Do something about it please!!!! This has gone on long enough!
January 8, 2016
Someone from Winter Springs, FL signed.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Reserve, LA signed.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Sand Springs, OK signed.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Salisbury, MD signed.
January 9, 2016
Someone from Fort Lauderdale, FL signed.
January 9, 2016
Someone from Fresno, CA signed.
January 9, 2016
Someone from Bakersfield, CA signed.
January 9, 2016
Someone from Romeoville, IL writes:
I have a CDL. Now I'm work an employment agency job that doesn't even pay me half of what I was making. My checks aren't even enough to pay the full amount I'm ordered to pay per week. I end up with $100 a week after working 40hrs. How's that helping anyone? I can't afford my car note, insurance, or rent. Now I'm living back at home with my parents. It's insane.
January 9, 2016
Someone from Dade City, FL signed.
January 10, 2016
Someone from Stanwood, WA signed.
January 10, 2016
Someone from Nashville, TN signed.
January 10, 2016
Someone from Cincinnati, OH signed.
January 10, 2016
Someone from Pittsburgh, PA signed.
January 11, 2016
Someone from Saint Petersburg, FL signed.
January 11, 2016
Someone from Reddick, FL signed.
January 11, 2016
Someone from Omaha, NE signed.
January 11, 2016
Someone from Oakland, CA signed.
January 11, 2016
Someone from Oakland, CA writes:
My boyfriend's daughter was hidden from him for 9 years. His ex wife denied him court ordered visitation. My boyfriend lost his job when the tech company employing him failed. While looking for a new job he fell behind on payments. His license was suspended, as a result his employment opportunities were severely curtailed. He couldn't keep up with support payments nor could he afford a lawyer to sue for access to his daughter. How was any of this in the best interest of his daughter? It WASN'T. Wage garnishing I understand, tax liens I understand. Suspending a license is just punitive, helps no one, and creates a downward spiral it's nearly impossible to pull out of.