November 25, 2015
Someone from San Jacinto, CA signed.
November 25, 2015
Someone from Ellijay, GA signed.
November 27, 2015
Someone from Martinsville, IL writes:
I have not had a license for over a year now. I have tried fighting the system and lost everything doing it.I went from a high income and stayed current. To little income and the added interest for lack of payment.What's sad is I'm a third generation mechanic that can't drive or get to my children.
November 27, 2015
Someone from Lawrenceville, GA signed.
Someone from Pulaski, TN signed.
November 29, 2015
Someone from El Paso, TX signed.
November 29, 2015
Someone from Tampa, FL signed.
November 30, 2015
Someone from Portsmouth, OH signed.
November 30, 2015
Someone from New Castle, DE writes:
Ok so what i got here is i was and still am paying my support i got a letter from my boss saying child support will be taking the money from my check ok great thats wonderful i dont have to stop every month and get a money order and drop it off which also saves me gas so i get a letter in stating my licsens will be suspended for non payment i call child support and spoke with them i didnt pay the month they had sent the paper out so to my knowledge i get told they didnt take it out of my check because it takes 4-9 weeks to do so so now i have payed with a money order and they are telling me i have to come in and sign a paper stating i will ppay on time umm hello i been paying on time and i work 5days a weeks its hard for me to find time to go up there and sit for hours i have a job to do i feel aa though this is there fault not mine why would u wait 4-8weeks to take the money out am i in the wrong or are they please do something about this licsen situation it crazy i pay when im suppose to and im sure many other people do to why are we the one's suffering on there mistake's please step in and stop this licsen suspenion bull crap its hurting the kids more then use without a licsen i have two xhooses one dont have a job because i cant get to it and pay no support or two take the risk and drive anyway and if i get pulled over then there's more money that goes out which could have fed or clothed my child please i am begging yous to stop this licsen suspension its totally nonsense thanks you
November 30, 2015
Someone from Holladay, TN signed.
December 1, 2015
Someone from Loudon, TN signed.
December 1, 2015
Someone from Dandridge, TN writes:
I just had my license suspended over child support I spent over 2,00 last year to get them back due to tickets court cost ect.i opened my mail and began to cry I not only pay childsupport on my one daughter but I have a 1yr old at home that I'm raising by myself the daughter I pay child support on got so excited when I got my license back because we could do stuff together just me and her I have now lost my job because of depending on other people to pick me up and drop me off I was late now I have no income and its almost Christmas I am a recovering addict and I have been clean for 4 yrs I fight this demon everyday to be a better person and survive for myself and my children its not that I didn't pay my childsupport I ent in payments every month but it wasn't the total so yes I'm behind 1,600 and I know they will get my tax money and that will catch me up but for now I'm going to lose everything I have tried and tried to live right and do the best I can and then stuff ( life) happens and I get knocked back down I think this should be a case to case decision or at least so much behind I'm sure me saying this isn't going to help but I need to vent to someone
December 1, 2015
Someone from Murfreesboro, TN writes:
I just got a letter stating my license is suspended. I've never in my whole life ever had a speeding ticket or accident. I work and I go to school. Dealing with my ex is a battle in feel I will never win. In Jan of last yR I was laid off, lost my place, lost my car and in april i lost everything I owned to furnish a 2 bedroom apartment. The storage place was working with me and the late fees. I sent them what I had. Then I called them to see if they received the payment 2 weeks ago and they said no and auctioned my stuff. So I had to save and save to get a place or my son wasn't allowed to stay with me. I was staying with friends and even house sitting. My ex is cop too so very controlling . So now I'm somewhat a table this happens. Now I can't drive to get my son or gonto work. Just more of a reason for my ex to win.....
December 1, 2015
Someone from Tampa, FL signed.
December 1, 2015
Someone from Urbana, OH writes:
I shouldnt have to lose my license because one of my children has a medical situation that requires im home with him for long periods of time. Thus im not able to pay 200 a week for my other child that doesnt live with me
Someone from Lynchburg, VA signed.
December 1, 2015
Someone from Watertown, NY writes:
Although I am not in this situation I know people that are. How does taking someones ability to work help anyone? Along with this placing people in jail for back support payments also helps no one and only creates more burden on an already troubled parent. This entire program is BS and should be looked into. It is far time we start reinstating common sense in what we do.
December 2, 2015
Someone from Gordon, GA writes:
I have been paying child support for about 8 years now and lost my job that I had for over 12 years and fell behind. Got a new job recently and child support recovery here in Georgia has been taking it out plus arrears for about 2 months and just suspended my license for being behind. Now how am I supposed to keep a job I need to pay it when they took my license. Seems a lot backwards to me.it doesn't make sense it is like they are purposely causing a great hardship and just messing with me and people like me on purpose
December 2, 2015
Someone from Freeport, NY writes:
It's just another tactic of try to break people down they just find other ways of get around it just another way they make money to pay all these tickets and fines is more of a set back you want to help the children get support then let them be able to drive pick them up and go to work so they can get the support they need set up a program to help people not destroy them they need help get a job get back on there feet so they can support the kids this is just another way of neglect
December 3, 2015
Someone from Pendleton, SC writes:
Im currently struggling to find work, & im obligated to pay child support, but because of my job letting me go, i have falling behind in child support, and so the state took my liscense. I feel like thats not fair, because i just learned about this 2 days ago when I was speaking with an sheriff and I didnt get any notice or a hearing from the Dmv.This will not only hurt me,but most of all my child, which i already dont get to see or spend time with. I wish it was a way to stop this, because it dont make sense to take your liscense, when you have other things to do in life besides worry about child support.I feel like this law or agreement should be thrown out,especially when its men out here that actually try & want to be apart of their childs life, it should also be thrown out, because like myself & im sure there are others, that dont have a criminal background & do not get in trouble.
December 3, 2015
Someone from Miami, FL writes:
I got my driver license suspended. I have no car. I am self employed. I have three kids to support! I need a car to get work. I live in the woods with my three small children and my wife does not have license. This child support case- was owed 18 years ago- in AUSTRALIA. I am American Citizen, here for decade now. The paperwork, keeps changing, it used to say 4 now it says I owe 16 grand. I am dyslexic and even this is written by someone else. No one will help me, no family or international lawyer will. They never heard of this. One lawyer wrote me back saying apparently countries have made agreements but they are not familiar. How can DRIVER LICENSING in the USA take away a citizens license for a debt owed to a foreign country, 18 years ago. My " child support case" daughter is 30 years old with a hairdressing career. My three American Children need my money. They are doing me such harm by doing this. I cannot afford this. Now I am not able to drive. I had a child when I was 19! This stuff happens. The mother was with other men. She did not want me in her life. She applied for welfare, and they went after me! I fought for custody with my mother, I did. I paid for most of my adult life this support. I paid throughout my daughters entire life. This money was just a few thousand or few hundred when I left the country. She was already 18 when I left Australia in 2000. Why are they coming after me? I am no longer an Australian Citizen. I am AMERICAN. How do foreign laws apply to me? I have three American Babies. Apparently there is nothing I can do. I am stuck. I do not have 16 grand. Not even close. And I cannot afford to pay money per week or month for a 30 year old adult in a foreign country I have never been allowed to know. I am so confused. I am not allowed to drive and I have to support three children under 4. I may be locked up if I go driving to the supermarket. I spoke with my 30 year old daughter in Australia, and she told me, she is not interested in my money. We have a relationship by the way, she speaks to me and not her own mother.
December 4, 2015
Someone from Mount Juliet, TN signed.
December 4, 2015
Someone from Saint Louis, MO writes:
I am a truck driver and they garnish my wages at the last company I was working for but didn't pay in but I have to be the one to take them to court to get it back even though the state of Missouri sent them garnishment papers got paper saying my license was suspended now I can't even take a job that was given to me because I don't have a license.. I am now homeless and collecting food stamps
December 4, 2015
Someone from Lizton, IN writes:
I am a self employed construction worker, I have lost my licence due to child support, unfortunately the kids havent lived with the mother since 04, her parents have cheated the government while mother of my kids have taken my taxes and child support to take care of her drug problem and other kids with none goin to my kids, it has ruined me, cant afford help and dont know what to do, I am married now and have step daughter to raise, my support is way too high and I will die without makin a dent, pls help
December 4, 2015
Someone from District Heights, MD writes:
I'm a technician for Comcast and I'm required to drive..... I missed a major opportunity with Verizon paying really good money but because I have cold support suspensions on my license I was denied the position and its very difficult finding good work because now these suspension are on my driving record... Never been arrested or in any kind of trouble before but I can't take care of my responsibility with no license and they don't care..... Seems like the goal is to incarcerate is all..... UNFAIR!!!!!!!
December 5, 2015
Someone from Louisville, KY signed.
Someone from Silver Springs, FL writes:
Yes I was caught in this trap for a little while. I got injured at work and couldn't work so I got behind on child support so my license got suspended therefore I couldn't drive to work when I got better and ended up getting fired losing my car and my home and couldn't provide for my child. It doesn't make sense at all why they would take away the only means of getting and staying employed. This seriously needs to be reconsidered!!!!
December 5, 2015
Someone from Nashville, TN signed.
December 5, 2015
Someone from Deer Park, NY writes:
HOW DO YOU EXPECT US TO PAY OUR CHILD SUPPORT WITH OUT BEING ABLE TO DRIVE!
December 6, 2015
Someone from Lake City, FL writes:
This is a ridiculous punishment. Only people you are really hurting is the child or children and their families. Some of us are doing the best we can to pay child support with what income we do have and some of us have other obligations like, oh I dont know, an 81 yr old great grandmother (she shares custody with her daughter for their grandchild) that has knee, back, hip, heart, pain, and breathing issues. The mother of that child is busy raising her son with her husband(which is on SS disability), transporting her daughter to school, doctors etc, transporting her mother to work and home, and taking care of the great grandmother. On top of all of this, the mother takes the daughter for a week or two at a time so the grandparents can rest. So you suspend the license of that mother and now two children suffer, the great grandmother has NO ONE around to help her if it's necessary due to the grandmother being at work and the worse part of this, the grandparents has had custody of the daughter for about 11 yrs and til about 2 yrs ago the DOR and CSE never came at the mother til then and they were receiving cash from DCF's Relative Caregiver Program, Court ordered, and the courts DID NOT assign child support during the time that this decision was made nor after the case was closed. Your literally destroying this family, but all you care about is filling already too full prisons and lining your pockets with some of the money that is paid before it is handed over to the receiver.
December 6, 2015
Someone from Lahaina, HI signed.
December 6, 2015
Someone from Nashville, TN signed.
December 7, 2015
Someone from North Aurora, IL writes:
HOW DO YOU EXPECT US TO PAY OUR CHILD SUPPORT WITH OUT BEING ABLE TO DRIVE
December 7, 2015
Someone from Natchez, MS signed.
December 7, 2015
Someone from Victoria, TX signed.
December 7, 2015
Someone from Park Forest, IL writes:
Who comes up with these rules. How is anyone suppose to pay child support if their license has been suspended and they can no longer get to work? Think Senators who are you really punishing?
December 8, 2015
Someone from Opa Locka, FL signed.
December 8, 2015
Someone from Zephyrhills, FL writes:
It doesn't make since. . Work for DOT. Or did. My license has been suspended 5 times while paying the support. . The judge told my ex they do it so she can get a lump sum of money. .
December 9, 2015
Someone from Detroit, MI signed.
December 10, 2015
Someone from Jonesboro, GA writes:
This is the most ridiculous law I've ever heard made to generate money for the state based in dividing families and causing unnecessary hardship on the payee. My son is 14 and I've paid four literally 14 years but if I was injured or disabled on the job suspension of my professional licenses would be detrimental not only to myself but also too my son. . . Time to reevaluate this whole family court system it's broken.