March 15, 2017
EARL V. from Anoka, MN writes:
yeah this sucks.
March 15, 2017
Howard W. from Alexander City, AL writes:
To whom this may concern, I've written to many people on behalf of my child support issues, and nobody seems to care as if I'm not a concerned citizen. I was first put on child support at a young age, and still did everything to provide for my kids! I still desire to have a family one day, and having my license is key for me to move forward in life. I only ask that justice be served on behalf of my pursuit of happiness. Many people, such,as congressman, has informed me that it's nothing that they can do because of the state I'm in, however I feel as if this is a world wide case scenario, and it's more than myself that's dealing with these issues. How can We go to work if our license have been taken, to make money and pay the child support? On another note, why should we have to hire a lawyer, which is money that We don't have, to end up still paying child support and rights still be taken away? That's debt on top of debt, when We just want to live and provide for our kids without all the chaos. This has been goimg on for many years in my life, and I just hope and Pray that someone hears my cry, and help me so that I can help others, that's in need of a change in their lives. May the HEAVENLY FATHER Bless whomever receives this message, and take forth the proper steps in assisting me to get my life back in order. Thanks, and have a Blessed day!
March 15, 2017
Someone from Monticello, GA writes:
It pure dumb to suspend my license due to childsupport. So now i have to drive to work hope not to get caught while driving to make money to get the ***** caught up on her childsupport. That she put me in when she cheating and devorced me so now i get the shitty end still wtf .i work every day i dont do drugs dont even smoke r drink beer she has collage degrees makes great money and still wants my little peanuts for what she done to my life so how bout yall stop taking peoples license for this matter almost like goverment is so money hungry they like to see people rapped up in fines and hard ship hell after all u goverment pigs is how u keep rich steal poor mans money righttt.
March 15, 2017
Someone from Monticello, GA writes:
March 15, 2017
William C. from Sheffield, IL writes:
How can you pay if you cant get to work?
March 15, 2017
Phil from Des Plaines, IL signed.
March 15, 2017
Phil from Des Plaines, IL writes:
OK. Get this. Ya ya, Child support DL suspended. I FINALLY got a full-time job temporary job. I didn't know how long it would last, but it was something. I had to take a bus 48 minutes...to a train, 16 minutes, then a one mile walk (Nov-Jan. in Chicago), This, to travel just 20 miles. After my first 4 weekly paychecks, my 5th is small. HUH?? my wages were garnished $168 for one week, and each week following. Why? because I now have arrearage and interest, on top of CSupport. Why? I lost my previous job and they stole my DL. With the cost of public trans, and garnishment, I couldnt even keep a roof over my own head. My DL would bring a World of opportunity to pay child support as my former vocation absolutely requires a DL. Well, I guess I should use my resume for tinder to start my fire to cook up todays roadkill I have to feed on. Nice going Illinois. HORRIBLE law discovered by toddlers, inept ones at that
March 15, 2017
Mary B. from Fayetteville, NC writes:
I agree 100% . How on earth do expect the Dads or Moms to catch up if they fall behind if the DMV suspends their way to work? What if said Parent remarried and the other spouse became ill and a hardship occurred? It is true that there are some dead beats out there. But why punish the ones who try so hard the fall behind due to a hardship or an accident or an ill spouse? Stop and think please before you go an say ' Your DL has been suspended from lack of payment " or " Oh your going to jail due to lack of payment" What the heck would that solve? Also if you make the child support payments easier to pay it wouldn't be a problem. I know someone very dear to me who at one time had to pay over 1,000 in child support and he struggled because of it. Even now with it being a bit lower it around the 700's it is still hard to pay. There needs to be a set price for child support. Like 350 for 1 child and so and so forth. THINK PEOPLE!!! Before you cause the Mother or Father to be on the streets because the other Parent took all the money for child support leaving the ex spouse to suffer in hardship...
March 16, 2017
Charmar L. from Marietta, GA signed.
March 16, 2017
Someone from Gibsonton, FL writes:
Hello I am a truck driver I live in Florida I went to jail in Georgia because the computer dident put my payment in on time so they suspend my license I didn't know with a CDL if you drive without a license you go straight to jail in Georgia and any other state so I had to pay to get out get my truck go back to Florida come back to Georgia when I got my license and the judge and Childsupport all they said was sorry $4000 later will I lost job lost truck and still couldn't get my Childsupport lowered it's wrong very wrong O by the way my X work's for post office and her man is a driver my kids ain't kids anymore I am paying pass do but nope nope no help I hope this helps
March 16, 2017
Thomas D. from Concord, CA writes:
I was laid off and New Mexico almost immediately put a hold on my Drivers License and am having difficulty finding work as a license is required. I was paying up until I was laid off now I cannot return to work.
March 16, 2017
Eric G. from Houston, TX writes:
I live in Texas, i cannot obtain any kind of license whats so ever! Ive tried getting so many jobs but all require some kind of license, I am behind on my child support but i do pay, this is so hard to even make enough to eat!!!! I get more than half of my check taken out for a loser job at fast food restaurants, and i have no other choice to work at places like this because i cant drive because they took my license away, and i cant have a job that requires a business licenses because they took them! This system is so flawed and corrupt! Its not about helping the child at all! Its about control and money!!
March 17, 2017
Jean J. from Orlando, FL writes:
For more than 5 years I"m unable to get a job because the take my license away for delinquent child support and I never see my son for 11 years.I did found a lot of jobs but because i don't have a license some will not hire me and some jobs was to far to get there.I try to take the bus to look for job but my jobs search was limited because the bus route only goes certain place.All I can say it's almost impossible to do anything with no license specially if you been driving most of your life to take care of your family and yourself.
March 17, 2017
Someone from Antioch, TN writes:
Who's idea was it anyway to involve your license and credit report with child support? They must don't know anything about the struggle.
1 week ago
james t. from Lodi, CA writes:
It's a catch 22. With no common sense applied.
1 week ago
Ashley M. from Wewoka, OK writes:
My mother owes child support for me and my older brother when we were children. I lived with my mother most of the time that my father had custody and even when we didn't, my mother was supplying the money for my clothing and school supplies, along with any other stuff I needed on a daily basis. My father falsely had my mother's signature forged to paperwork to prevent having to pay the back child support he owed to my mother back. He began collecting child support on my brother and I, in which he used on cigarettes and online games for himself instead of on . us. I am now 23, and my mother still owes child support for us. I have called child support trying to have the child support forgiven. My mother had two other children that should be receiving the money for their support, but instead goes to my father. Every time my mother looses her job, they take her license away for not paying child support. It makes it impossible for her to transfer my siblings to school and search for a new job. This should be rid of.
6 days ago
Cindy F. from Magalia, CA writes:
I am thoroughly disgusted at the fact that I have watched my brother loose his automotive business license because of a hiccup in payments to the child support agencies. This error, cost him his business, the means of how he was trying to support his family and pay his child support was taken from him. Is the idea here to disable these Men / Women to the point of going to jail as an only option? California state does nothing to the "Dead Beat Dads" who are living off of our prison system, (what do they pay?). The Dad's that are trying to keep a job, start a business, amount to something respectable after a family break up, are cut off at the knees for trying to be legit. The state actually hinders their chances of ever being able to rise above or provide. The interest charges of Child Support does not apply in every state of the U.S. I feel that the Interest is not necessary. I plead that the interest of arrears be stopped, wiped clean, zeroed. It is unfair to our American Men and Women who are trying to support their families. They cannot get a loan, buy a house, take a cruise with family, because of the "Interest" on arrears. The child support fees have been paid for, the interest that rolls over and accrues each year or month is the insanity that never gives them an option to catch up or pay off. Stop killing the spirit of our American people. ERASE all interest on child support fees. Let these people have a goal they can achieve one day. Why are they not allowed to take a vacation with a family they have paid fees for plus interest all these years? Please, help me to do something about this!! This interest money does not go to funding college for these children, it does not go to the custodial parent for child raising, the interest is a money racketeering system that the state collects on. No bank account pays 10 percent interest, so no one trying to earn a living and paying child support should be subjected to these interest fees. I am tired of seeing Men who are good and not "Dead Beats" that are losing their freedom to keep a regular bank account , drivers license, business license, savings account, or just a family vacation because our system treats them WORSE than a terrorist.
Someone from Beverly Hills, CA signed.
5 days ago
Someone from PUEBLO, CO writes:
I OWE BAck Child Support and i can't pay it because i have lost my license i work for Gm Dealership. And Without my Drivers License how am i sopposed to make good money?
5 days ago
from Chicago, IL writes:
ITS A SHAME MY SON LICENSE IS SUSPENDED, DUE TO BACK CHILD SUPPORT, THE MOTHER FILED FOR BACK CHILD SUPPORT AND SHE DIDN'T HAVE THE KID , SHE HAD PUT HIM IN SOME TYPE OF HOME, MY SON DIDN'T FIND OUT TO LATER ON , BUT SHE WANT BACK PAY.........REALLY.
5 days ago
Garret L. from New port richey, FL writes:
All child support is a collection agency that violates the constitution under the 14TH amendment of due-process and the protection of law . This corrupt system is doing more harm then good to the American people. Just for more EXTORTION money.
5 days ago
james t. from Lodi, CA writes:
If I could make a suggestion, I have found that case workers will routinely lie and keep raising the requirements to release your license. And refuse to use common sense in their decision making. I would only communicate thru email. That gives you a record of how you are trying to work with a system that wants you to fail. At least it's something to show the judge. Because you can't record your phone calls, and case workers LIE !!!
5 days ago
Someone from Monroe, GA writes:
2 years now suspended.. and I'm not even allow to meet the child baby mama's choice ..it was a booth call..that's all ..been struggling to bring in study money cause I keep getting fire .cause I can't get to the job..judge told me I don't have the right to meet my son .but I have the right to pay childsurpport. .something has to break ..I'm raising 3 of my own kids who live with me and my wife..punished for being broke..I ain't taking no chip in my skin either so might as well cut my head off..
Someone from Hamilton, OH writes:
I agree to this I've been subject to this for a while and have 2 kids did I take care of myself as a single father and they have suspended my license multiple times even made me lose a job I had I believe this should be stopped it is caused me a lot of ache and pain even for my two kids I'm raising now leaving stuck between two states one state says I owe more than the other I pay child support each month but yet I still get punished
5 days ago
Someone from Pembroke, MA writes:
Trying to pays child support arrears is impossible without a drivers license. I am a combat veteran with Ptsd. I am trying so hard to work and make payments but they refuse to give my license back until I come up with a large sum of money. I've made mistakes in life and I'm now trying to right those wrongs. Suspending my license makes no sense. I would make payments and get a series of small loans to get caught up but they refuse. It's a vicious circle. This suspension policy only stops people from making payments. I don't understand this way of thinking. Can't drive , can't work ,won't get paid , can't pay arrears Makes no sense at all. If this doesn't change it will only stop more people trying to make amends from doing so.
4 days ago
Jennifer H. from Picayune, MS signed.
4 days ago
Someone from Albuquerque, NM signed.
3 days ago
kenneth v. from Albuquerque, NM writes:
I am joining in the petition to end unfair, unjust, and absolutely ridiculous child support laws that do more to destroy than to build, and that especially includes drivers license suspension. The whole child support organization needs a complete overhaul and many things need to change to make things fair to both sides.
3 days ago
carolyn s. from port huron, MI writes:
this is unfair, make it easier by changing child support gouging. how is a father suppose to pay the exuberant amounts and survive then suspend license so now he has to figure out a way to het to work. change this ludicrous law. stop dhs power of ignorance, no license suspension, no jail, no garnishments.
3 days ago
Someone from Berwyn, IL writes:
Exactly what's happening to me, I have a commercial a driver's license..my work is seasonal and I fell behind on payment, so it's suspended, now that the season is starting in late March, I can't make money or work due to suspension...im superl stressed about it..don't know what to do. My license is my living. My daughter is 22yrs old and it's back pay that I'm paying...I need help.
3 days ago
Someone from Atlanta, GA writes:
The whole child support system is a disgrace I'm on child support for a kid that ain't mine and I gotta deal with suspensions
3 days ago
Janine C. from Sun City, CA writes:
The suspension needs to stop.There needs to be an alternative. A father got injured on the job and fell behind in support. The arrears turn out more than what he ever owed. Now he is unable to get a permanent job.
2 days ago
Ed H. from Denver, CO writes:
The child I'm paying on has been adopted. I've never met or seen this child. I have no rights to this child but for 20 years I'm paying on a made up number and my license is constantly threatened. If I make a payment early they decide to apply the payment to the prior month making me appear to have missed a payment which threatens my license. This is unfair and unjust. I desperately seek help to end their constant harassment.
2 days ago
Ed H. from Denver, CO writes:
2 days ago
dikeba l. from Houston, TX signed.
Someone from Belleview, FL signed.
2 days ago
Ranzie I. from Cleveland, GA writes:
Yes my name is Ranzie Irvin and my daughters mother turned me in on child support after we split the sheets.She told them I owed 30,000 dollars witch is not true but child support took my license and take half of my weekly check plus my taxes! So I can't even pay a taxi to get me to court!!! Even if I could I can't afford to miss a days work because of my living expenses. If I don't have and license or a permit to work and back I will certainly lose my job and I don't know what to do!
2 days ago
Thomas W. from High Ridge, MO writes:
I owe $150,000 in support of a child who is absolutely not mine. My dl has been gone for 8 years and the number keeps growing each day. I cant get credit...buy a car a home or even work without driving ilkegally. The mother kept her from seeing me so i sugned an admittance of paternity ti get visitation. She then married the childs father and 8 years later left him with the child. Yet is still racking uo benifits. Shes now 19. Manilulation of the system needs to stop. This is a very counter productive law.
2 days ago
Nicholas B. from Kenner, LA writes:
I don't think it's right for anyone's license to be suspended due to delinquent child support. The reason why is simple if a person license is due this then how are they suppose to get back and forth to work after getting a job especially if they have no family or friends close enough to rely on. I also think that a person who is delinquent on child support should also be given at least a six month period to find a job instead of being thrown in jail. The reason for that is that most comedy not hire people with a criminal record. Why make a system that is set to allow a person to fail then want to question that person and ask why they can't pay the child support? The problem is with the system not with the people who are trying to do the best that they can with the laws that are set up to cause the people to fail.
1 day ago
Travis H. from Arlington, TX writes:
I am a driver that can't find work because of a suspended license