January 5, 2017
Someone from Worcester, MA writes:
Suspension of someone's license is contrary to being able to pay child support. NO ONE since 9/11 will hire someone without a driver's license. My partner has been a over the road truck driver who had his license suspended and hasn't been able to get a job for 6 YEARS now. It has been detrimental to his mental health.his children are grown adults and his ex wife took the kids to another state with out his permission and nothing was done to her. But she has been making his life a living hell for years thru the massachusetts courts. And NEVER has to show up!! I have been with him for 16 years. At one point a judge told for to give him back his license but when he got to the DMV they refused and the paperwork "disappeared" from his file just before she took off. HELP US GET OUR LIVES BACK... REPEAL this unethical and demeaning legislation.
January 5, 2017
Someone from Nampa, ID writes:
Suspending someone's license for non-payment of support makes it difficult for one to get back on their feet. Repeal the stupidity of this legislation!!!
January 6, 2017
Jason S. from Belleville, IL writes:
I've been paying support for over 16yrs I pay 1100 a mth for 4 kids plus med dental & vision all required by the state of Illinois. I have no visitation rights I cannot get a house or a apartment because they hve this on my credit. I can't file my children as I shld be able to since I really pay everything aspect for a for over there head. They take my taxes & suspend my license. I'm more in debt to the police then child support because of suspend license. I need help this shld not be happen to anyone on this level. Can't even get a car to get bck & forth to wrk.
January 6, 2017
Oscar B. from East Moline, IL writes:
I have took a training course to better my pay in my field so I can try and pay more towards my child support an everything and also try to go back to school to farther my education to get paid even more an I can't even take the high paying jobs now cause I have no way there buses can't get me there and I can't even take the jobs I am qualified for in my field because of this problem an it make it to hard on a person like me when I have other kids I am still trying to do odd jobs to keep a roof over there heads and clothes on they back I mean I think the fact of them even taking or suspending a person licence is totally wrong. When a lot of woman out here try to do nothing but wait on walfare every month and if they have kids wait for our check for them. Don't get me wrong I try and do all I can for my kids even though I pay which most people say well you should even me but in reality I've seen and done all I need to do by law when I paid out my check because of I have to pay child support. But know one really see it like that because it's your child but it's crazy how the mothers come to me for graduation attire help on school clothes pay half on cars but only come to me when when he was ****ed off at you or whatever the case may be said that you wasn't a good parent with to go they want to child support but at the end of the day I come back to you for all the all these assassins extra when you have already paid I accidentally put me on child support when I have it put on child support I actually don't owe you nothin else but in reality that that's out of this my child I still give in to that which I should and it's like child support looked at that and know that you going to do that but still take your money so the family pretty much seems like your rights to driving truck since you're going to spend me for child support even when I do get it and I'm still paying child support cuz I'm doing this extra here extra that I shouldn't be doing that at all by law I don't owe not another dime but I do give it anyway and my license get suspended any wow just not fair to the over hard working man. And they say it's hard to find a good man I see why when they make it hard for you to have anything a life kids a family an now your driving license sound crazy but just true facts.
January 6, 2017
Someone from Miami, FL writes:
Pleeeeeease stop this.
January 7, 2017
Jeremy N. from Laurens, SC signed.
Someone from Daly City, CA writes:
Yes this needs to be fixed this is just another way to keep you in debt to the government smh
January 7, 2017
John E. from Deer River, MN writes:
hi my name is john ellis from northern minnesota were only the best know how to drive ive been driving nearly almost 20 years in a commercial semi over the road we all make mistakes in this world some of us make more than others proffesional drivers should be excempt from a suspended cdl i feel i helped my country in times of need. i been all over the lower 48 states with no accidents ever in my life this should count for something U would think. My licenses was suspended due to back child support its about 5 to 6 grand behind im trying hard to find a company who dont steal from your child support that they take from you to give to the state if you could please reinstate my license thank you senate, congress, and president obama and the new elect trump. my cdl # is Z256263345013 minnesota thank you .
January 7, 2017
Maxie G. from Houston, TX writes:
I'm going too school too better myself as a parent.too my understanding if i graduate havac class an owe arrears child support. I can't receive my certification..how am I too suicide with out chance of certification.
January 8, 2017
Michael C. from Rochester, NY writes:
I lost my licenses and many of good jobs behind this crazy law that Congress passed
Someone from Gainesville, GA writes:
Yea it's crazy and someone needs to change the law. Because a drunk driver can kill someone and get there license. Back. Easier than a person who is behind on child support.
January 8, 2017
AmyRose K. from Clearwater, FL writes:
I think the needs to be other consequences besides your license because sometimes you have had time and if you don't pay your child support your effed, but paid your child support and EFF yourself. It's a hard situation but they definitely need to understand that with it a license 90 percent of decent jobs will not hire you because your not reliable.
January 8, 2017
Someone from Easley, SC writes:
I am behind on my child support and understand that I shouldn't be. But when they set it up I was unemployed and seeking disability. After a few years of counseling and such I decided I would rather work. So I went back to work and was paying, but it was based off me making over twice the amount I am now. And I've tried to apply to go back to school and it's considered a federal debt so no loans and I can't get a better paying job because of no license. I've written the nother asking for any assistance and tried to explain the situation. But because I hadn't paid for so long she obviously feels that I'm still the guy i used to be. But if I could get my license back I could get a job that pays enough to help me and my other daughter as well as pay her support for my sons. Please help.
January 9, 2017
Someone from Huntley, IL writes:
For the ones who just can't afford to live a decent life AND keep up with child support, how can they go to work to catch up with no license? What about the ones that need a licens FOR work? You take away their means of making money so now they're REALLY screwed? How does this help anyone?
January 9, 2017
David W. from Livingston, TX writes:
You cannot get a job without a license. Standard requirements are a diploma and a license.
January 9, 2017
Someone from Pismo Beach, CA writes:
I drive for a living, I earn money with my commercial license. Due to the fact that I'm behind in my support payments the state is planning to suspend my license which really puts me in an even tighter situation. I take full responsibility for being behind, but I don't feel as if the state should take away my only way of being able to pay for my child support. I really hope that the government stops with the suspension of drivers license for past due child support.
January 9, 2017
David B. from santa rosa, CA writes:
You stupid law makers. If a man cant work due to license being taken away, how can they pay support. Everyone just get hurt by your laws.
January 9, 2017
Amy B. from Darien, GA writes:
Can't pay if you can't work do to no license.
January 9, 2017
Someone from Atlanta, GA signed.
January 9, 2017
Someone from Ruston, LA writes:
How can I feed my kids if I can drive to work I need license to do so help us please
January 9, 2017
Jenifer M. from Page, AZ writes:
I am unable to get my drivers license because of my arrears child support. Because of this and the fact that there is very little public transportation in the town I live, I have trouble getting to and from my job. Not being able to have my license seriously impedes my ability to pay my child support as well as my arrears. I am trying to provide the best life for my daughter bit honestly how am I supposed to do that when it feels like I'm being told no?
January 10, 2017
Jeff D. from O Fallon, IL writes:
I need to work to take care of my children. Suspending my drivers license due to late or behind payments was stupid. I now cannot work how the hell can i take care of my family if you guys stoppedme from doing so. Im a licensed and certified HVAC and Electrician technician i also carry a EPA Universal certification, none of this is good if i can no longer drive. Please drop this law so I can get back to work in my respected field and be able to take care of my obligations and family. THANK YOU!!!
January 10, 2017
Someone from Upper Marlboro, MD writes:
I can no longer drive to work and meet clients. I have tried for 5 months using the Uber service as a way of transportation but this has costed me more money every month. The fact that Child support service workers have all the power to make these decisions is really problematic, most of these people angry women and don't even have a college degree. This law is hurting not only the obligated parent but the child as well. Please get rid of this law!
January 10, 2017
Sowalnut P. from Long Beach, CA signed.
January 10, 2017
Robert M. from Mexico, MO writes:
I was given a paper in court for my suspention to be lifted but when I applied at the DMV to get my new drivers license they told me I am still suspended and am ineligible for my license so what do I need to do no one I have talked to about this knows who or what I need to talk to or do to get my license back. Please I'm in need of my license for my job. Thank you
January 10, 2017
Clarence Q. from Henderson, KY writes:
I don't know how it is in your state, but I dealt with the case worker in the prosecutors office over the phone at that and within two days they lifted my suspension as of today. The prosecutors office handled the matter for me. I have been without a license for more than ten years.
January 10, 2017
Someone from Cleveland, OH writes:
I have my license suspended for 12 years for non payment of child support and I finally got a job where I could make enough to get my license back and even a car. I was not able to find work for a long period of time because most jobs these days require a valid license whether you have a vehicle or not. I hated the fact not having my license and I am sure others feel the same way that have been or are where I was. It isn't fair. It isn't fair that licences are suspended for non payment of child support but drunk drivers can still get behind the wheel with a special license plate. They are repeat offenders and are the real criminals.
January 11, 2017
kevin a. from Rockford, IL signed.
January 11, 2017
Amanda T. from Dayton, OH writes:
My partner is physically disbled and I am our only source of income. He's applying for disability but that tkes years. I can't afford to pay his child support and keep our family afloat. I can't drive due to severe anxiety and he's my way back and forth to work. Guess my whole family is screwed because of this stupid law.
January 11, 2017
Michael W. from Memphis, TN writes:
I took very good care of my daughter and now my grandson and I am the only source of income
January 11, 2017
Anthony P. from New Port Richey, FL writes:
Everytime I get close to getting on my feet and am able to my child support arrears the revenue wants to suspend my license,this is a viscous circle and needs to be stopped. My child is 22 yrs old and all I owe is arrears and they still want to suspend my license,I feel once a child is of age and is supporting herself that child support arrears should be washed away,this isn't fair at all.once your license is suspended then you get caught for driving on a suspended license that's more money you gotta pay which puts you further in the hole,then you got mother's out there that refuse you to see your child so who wants to pay for a child that they can't even see or have a relationship with.this is a very wrongful law and needs to be changed.gotta have a driver's license to work and get through life in general. Stop the license suspending and maybe help people that really need help!!!!!!
January 11, 2017
Someone from Arlington, VA writes:
I am speaking on this matter on behalf of someone who is going through a very rough time who works two jobs to pay their backed up child support, including their court fees of $5,000. I do not see how this law helps the children at all. The paragraph on "license suspension" above says it all. How does it help the child if the obligated parent has no license to get to work or seek employment. Not all fathers are "dead beats". There are many who want to take care of their children and are willing to work two or more jobs to make ends meet. How can you obtain a lawyer to fight something like this if you have no money, not to even pay your child support? Or your rent, food and to put gas in your car so you can go visit your children. Does this make sense to you? I hope and pray something will change regarding this law because it does no good for the children. It is taking away from them, food, clothing, spending quality time with the parent. If the parent lives one hour away from their children, they cannot go visit because they do not have a license. If the parent takes a bus, it would take 2 or 3 hours just to go see the children. At the end of the day, this law is not really protecting the children. It appears that it does even more damage to the children who are in need of simple necessities of life, including spending quality time with the parent. They are already traumatized by the whole divorce process. Why complicate things for them even further by taking away the essentials. Please, please amend this law for the children's sake, and the sake of the family. Thank you.
January 11, 2017
Someone from Ventura, CA writes:
When you are down everyone tries to kick you even farther down. Utilities charge you late fees. Banks charge you overdraft fees. Credit report companies lower your credit rating. There is no logic in charging people pay more money when the problem is that they don't have money. Now the government is in on this. Thanks representatives. Why don't you start finding solutions to the underlying problems with our economy.
January 11, 2017
Someone from Elgin, IL writes:
This law works again a faher or mother trying to change what happen in the past staying in you son life is not a deadbeat dad. They person needs to have the ability to fix the issue not run into walls at Child Services
January 11, 2017
michael p. from port saint lucie, FL writes:
i believe in this petition because i pay child support for 2 children i have with an ex and currently have 3 children with my fiance. not only do i dot have a license which makes it impossible to get a good job but i can barely support my family because of it
Christopher D. from Lockport, IL signed.
January 12, 2017
Tiffany B. from O Fallon, IL signed.
January 12, 2017
Steve B. from Chicago, IL writes:
I am a Truck driver whose license was revoked due to a court error. After I proved the court made an error, (which is a seemingly impossible task and took 6 mos.) my CDL was reinstated. Only to find out that I still couldn't drive because now, I owe back child support and is growing each month. All the jobs that I NEED to survive and still pay bills required me to have driver's license. Not ALL Fathers that are on child support are dead beats. This system SUCKS and should be evaluated.
January 12, 2017
Someone from Tampa, FL writes:
Please stop this! My brother is a hard working man, and he can;t get ahead and is threatened to lose everything because of this policy. This policy isn't helping, it's only punishing.
January 12, 2017
Someone from Gulfport, MS writes:
i really need my lisence i cant find work i paid a chunk of child support lisernce was re in stated then laid off and they took it away again cause i had no money too pay